Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:11 am

Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:03 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:06 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:41 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:19 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:50 am
1965 cases
and its only going to go up, not down.
the fishing has started heating up, and with that unfortunately comes fisherman who are travelling a long way from home, from high risk suburbs to pretty much everywhere else. doing the right thing according to the CHO almost seems useless now.
Prime example is Phil from tb2f. I'd love to know how the 15km radius works for him when his launching at Altona but lives out in Melton. :dn:
Well we all know what's going on there mate.. and he isn't the only one doing it.
Altona is packed already, most boats there would be from the west side which is pretty much hot spots all around.
Dont think anyone is sticking to the 4 hour limit going by the trailers sitting in the carpark either. That 4 hour exercise limit and nightly curfew is an absolute joke....I'm starting to applaud people that break it.
How many hours do you reckon you need to catch a fish?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:33 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:29 am
Kimtown wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:58 pm
Watching the fight today with 10000 in the crowd really put it into perspective of just how poorly our state is run
Dan has done nothing but severe lockdowns this whole time. In the meantime they have lied to Parlimentary Commitee under oath and caused hundreds to die in aged care. He has crippled our state and has had ho answers to anything except lockdowns. Brett Sutton is a complete self absorbed muppett, we got the quinella of dickheads I'm afraid, even NSW has made them look stupid
To be fair, around the world lockdowns have been the only answer that doesn’t involve mass fatalities without the vaccination rate being high enough. Dan isn’t unique in that regard.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:39 am

yepi'mon wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:11 am
Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:19 pm

and its only going to go up, not down.
the fishing has started heating up, and with that unfortunately comes fisherman who are travelling a long way from home, from high risk suburbs to pretty much everywhere else. doing the right thing according to the CHO almost seems useless now.
Prime example is Phil from tb2f. I'd love to know how the 15km radius works for him when his launching at Altona but lives out in Melton. :dn:
Well we all know what's going on there mate.. and he isn't the only one doing it.
Altona is packed already, most boats there would be from the west side which is pretty much hot spots all around.
Dont think anyone is sticking to the 4 hour limit going by the trailers sitting in the carpark either. That 4 hour exercise limit and nightly curfew is an absolute joke....I'm starting to applaud people that break it.
I tell the wife I need at least 12

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:33 am

4liters wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:33 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Watching the fight today with 10000 in the crowd really put it into perspective of just how poorly our state is run
Dan has done nothing but severe lockdowns this whole time. In the meantime they have lied to Parlimentary Commitee under oath and caused hundreds to die in aged care. He has crippled our state and has had ho answers to anything except lockdowns. Brett Sutton is a complete self absorbed muppett, we got the quinella of dickheads I'm afraid, even NSW has made them look stupid
To be fair, around the world lockdowns have been the only answer that doesn’t involve mass fatalities without the vaccination rate being high enough. Dan isn’t unique in that regard.
That's true, but Dan has been next level compared to other countries and states. NSW has proven that you don't have to lock everything down completely to save lives. Our population in comparison to other countries is quite small, the majority of our states deaths came from the Hotel fiasco and the deplorable aged care saga, that was all Dan's fault. The fact that Dan didn't take into account the possibilty that the virus will still be around in 18 months and have the hospitals prepared for such a thing, rather than just shutting everything down all the time is also on him. Like any virus, there are going to be fatalities. The rest of the world did not shut everything down completely for the length of time Dan has and are starting to come out of it very well.

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:35 am

Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:39 am
yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:

I tell the wife I need at least 12
I tell mine I'll be back in a couple of day's

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:30 am

yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

I guess that the exercise time for 4 hours is from your house and home again so how long does it take to travel to the boat ramp launch and retrieve I guess that should be taken away from the time on the water - then there is traveling to your mark

so at a guess that would leave about and hour or so to fish
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:09 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:33 am
4liters wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
That's true, but Dan has been next level compared to other countries and states. NSW has proven that you don't have to lock everything down completely to save lives. Our population in comparison to other countries is quite small, the majority of our states deaths came from the Hotel fiasco and the deplorable aged care saga, that was all Dan's fault. The fact that Dan didn't take into account the possibilty that the virus will still be around in 18 months and have the hospitals prepared for such a thing, rather than just shutting everything down all the time is also on him. Like any virus, there are going to be fatalities. The rest of the world did not shut everything down completely for the length of time Dan has and are starting to come out of it very well.
meanwhile in the USA They are running at 100,000 new cases a day. 750,000 dead or 2216 per 1million population. Aus would have to have 60,000 dead to be the equivalent... yeah other countries are doing just fine. the countries that have done best are ones that had low population density, long and tight lockdowns , lots of vaccinations before easing lockdowns. Sounds a bit like Aus hey. Yeah sure a lot of the restrictions don't make a lot of sense, but that comes from all sides of politics and public servants. I wouldn't live anywhere else in the last cpl of years. A lot of restrictions wouldn't have been necessary if people did the right thing, curfews being a prime example. If everyone went and got vaxed then this compulsory vax to maintain a safe workplace wouldn't have been needed either.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:31 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
4liters wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
It hasn’t been a perfect response to be sure, but it’s worth noting the following:

- The overwhelming majority of deaths in aged care were in the federally administered aged care homes. The state run homes that the Andrews government actually has some control over had very few residents die.
- They have been building up the health system, the issue is it takes a long time to train staff.

Whether the lockdowns were worth it might be subjective but personally I’ve been quite grateful to be here with the government response being what it was. Knowing that the government actually gives a **** about whether my parents survive vs just throwing lives on the pyre.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:57 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:09 pm
If everyone went and got vaxed then this compulsory vax to maintain a safe workplace wouldn't have been needed either.
The demand for vaccines was greater than the supply. At the time of announcement of mandatory vaccination, we were over 80% first dose with forward bookings to take us over 90%. Well exceeding most of the world and the modelling requirements to stop the health system from being over run.

Prior to covid VIC vaccination rate was 94.7%, if anything covid vaccinations would be expected to be higher as the threat of small pox etc is not something most younger people alive today have seen.

Given the circumstances, vaccination rate and timing mandatory vaccination was the stupidest decision Dan has made.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:01 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
4liters wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
There have been issues for sure no government is perfect and recently they have lost the plot.

The issues with aged care deaths was privately run federally controlled aged care centres. There was less than 10 deaths in state run public aged care facilities.......

Return to “Off Topic Forum”