Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by Mattblack » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:03 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:06 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:41 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:19 pm

and its only going to go up, not down.
the fishing has started heating up, and with that unfortunately comes fisherman who are travelling a long way from home, from high risk suburbs to pretty much everywhere else. doing the right thing according to the CHO almost seems useless now.
Prime example is Phil from tb2f. I'd love to know how the 15km radius works for him when his launching at Altona but lives out in Melton. :dn:
Well we all know what's going on there mate.. and he isn't the only one doing it.
Altona is packed already, most boats there would be from the west side which is pretty much hot spots all around.
Dont think anyone is sticking to the 4 hour limit going by the trailers sitting in the carpark either. That 4 hour exercise limit and nightly curfew is an absolute joke....I'm starting to applaud people that break it.
Well it's all fun and games until you get caught..
Last I heard the unpaid fines which are not being contested in court are being handed over to the sheriff..
If its true then it's going to get very interesting..
Personally I don't have the time to put aside to go to court for this. I've stuck to my 15k 4 hour limit the one time I went fishing.
Many ramps are packed already, I'm not liking the chaos come time to open up tbh being snapper season, ramp rage will be on fire!!!
Apparently boat & caravan sales have gone through the roof thanks to Covid. Going to be ridiculous at the ramps come November....lots of grumpy old salts yelling at lots of newbies. :bn:

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:51 am

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:47 am

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 am
purple5ive wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:03 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:06 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:41 am

Prime example is Phil from tb2f. I'd love to know how the 15km radius works for him when his launching at Altona but lives out in Melton. :dn:
Well we all know what's going on there mate.. and he isn't the only one doing it.
Altona is packed already, most boats there would be from the west side which is pretty much hot spots all around.
Dont think anyone is sticking to the 4 hour limit going by the trailers sitting in the carpark either. That 4 hour exercise limit and nightly curfew is an absolute joke....I'm starting to applaud people that break it.
Well it's all fun and games until you get caught..
Last I heard the unpaid fines which are not being contested in court are being handed over to the sheriff..
If its true then it's going to get very interesting..
Personally I don't have the time to put aside to go to court for this. I've stuck to my 15k 4 hour limit the one time I went fishing.
Many ramps are packed already, I'm not liking the chaos come time to open up tbh being snapper season, ramp rage will be on fire!!!
Apparently boat & caravan sales have gone through the roof thanks to Covid. Going to be ridiculous at the ramps come November....lots of grumpy old salts yelling at lots of newbies. :bn:
Werribee n altona have only been mega packed when it's a nice sunny day like today
All other times it's been good n easy to get a park ...lot of fair -weather fishermen....
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:17 pm

WorkSafe "
COVID-19 vaccines as a control measure
The COVID-19 vaccine is one control measure for COVID-19. It should be considered part of a broader range of controls to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in workplaces.

Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (OHS Act) employers must identify whether there is a risk to the health of their employees from exposure to COVID-19 at their workplace.

Where a risk is identified, employers must eliminate the risk, so far as is reasonably practicable. When elimination is not possible, they must reduce the risk so far as reasonably practicable.

The controls an employer uses will vary depending on the situation, as well as the availability and suitability of controls for each workplace.

Employers need to continue implementing control measures to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 according to the hierarchy of controls."

So if you control a work place you have the choice of being sued under human rights legislation or being sued under work cover. How many businesses are going to keep going with all this on their plate
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Interesting that he doesn’t touch on the idea that people might have a right to be protected from death or disease. Also did lol at him conflating medical experimentation with getting a vaccine.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:21 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:17 pm
WorkSafe "
The COVID-19 vaccine is one control measure for COVID-19. It should be considered part of a broader range of controls to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in workplaces.

Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (OHS Act) employers must identify whether there is a risk to the health of their employees from exposure to COVID-19 at their workplace.

Where a risk is identified, employers must eliminate the risk, so far as is reasonably practicable. When elimination is not possible, they must reduce the risk so far as reasonably practicable.

The controls an employer uses will vary depending on the situation, as well as the availability and suitability of controls for each workplace.

Employers need to continue implementing control measures to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 according to the hierarchy of controls."

So if you control a work place you have the choice of being sued under human rights legislation or being sued under work cover. How many businesses are going to keep going with all this on their plate
I think they’ll be more afraid WorkSafe than some gronk invoking the Nuremberg code and the Magna Carta.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:38 pm

The thing about WorkSafe is they come and close you down if they believe your workplace is unsafe. You need to go through the process of proving it is safe. Human rights it takes someone to take you to court and prove their case. I think I would worry about meeting WorkSafe guidelines first
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:39 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:21 pm
re-tyred wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:17 pm
WorkSafe "

I think they’ll be more afraid WorkSafe than some gronk invoking the Nuremberg code and the Magna Carta.
Add Fair Work commission to this as well.

FWC have ruled vaccines cannot be mandated by employers on health and safety grounds.

If you go through the extensive detail they provide the summary is mandatory vaccination cannot be justified.

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:47 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:19 pm
Interesting that he doesn’t touch on the idea that people might have a right to be protected from death or disease. Also did lol at him conflating medical experimentation with getting a vaccine.
You can choose to be vaccinated, wear a mask and take precautions to prevent catching covid.

Keep in mind the risk of serious illness or death once vaccinated is similar to the flu. There are also treatments which greatly further reduce your risk when combined with the vaccine covid is non issue.

There is passed precedent of medical experiments using vaccines so it is relevant and setting a mandatory precedent has many future implications.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:30 pm

Meanwhile I have to show my vax cert to go into places and I have to enforce it at a place I control. I thing I will let the lawmakers sort that one out.
If I get sued by the time it gets to court I will be too old to care.
As far as showing my cert, I couldn't give a rats. I was first inline in the que when I became eligible.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”