Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by 4liters » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:10 pm
4liters wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:21 am
4liters wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:04 pm
I didn't watch the press conference but apparently 75% of the days covid cases were linked to the construction industry so clearly something needs to be done.

I guess if people don't want the mandates some sort of No Vax, No Ventilator policy might ease peoples' fears about hospitals getting overwhelmed with unvaccinated people.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I'm not anti vax, I'm booked in for my first jab next week, however I am pro-choice and I maintain every Australian deserves to have a choice. But if they choose not to get the vax, then from a medical standpoint obviously priority should be given to those that have taken the vaccine who require ICU bed's before those who have covid and don't have the vax.
I'm pro choice with the jabs too... to the extent peoples' choices don't spill over and start compromising other peoples' health.
By you being double vaccinated and me not being vaccinated at all how exactly am I compromising your health? I'm compromising my own health, that's my damn choice that apparently you're all for.

Not once did I ever hear of someone going to get the flu jab to protect others.
Because if I find out I have cancer or get hit by a drunk driver, and the hospitals are full of unvaccinated covid patients they are probably unable to provide proper health care.

We have finite health resources and if people, through their freedom of choice end up wasting them it is a big problem for the whole of society.

Again, I’m more than happy for people to live their truth and not get vaxxed, but when those choices affect everyone else it’s essentially on the same level as other anti social activities like drink driving.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:01 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-24/ ... /100489814

If you are still debating to be vaxed or not be be vaxed - hope the above article help in your decision. Not only you will be doing yourself a favour but you will be looking after those loved ones closest to you.

This pandemic has certainly created a massive divide in our community, only because it is an invisible enemy IMHO. If enemy invading our country has a physical form, I am sure all of us (vaxed or no vaxed) would have armed together to repel that enemy. Sad to see so much fighting (verbals and physical) within our once decent society just because some of us are converted to what we see on social medias instead of listening those that are trained experts in their fields aka your family doctors. We are so dammed lucky to have free and readily available vaccines and yet it is still not good enough for some. Between still alive with some side affects from the vaccine or being 6 feet under not alive to see the side affects, I rather have the side affects and still able say good morning to my family and friends. It will be no longer the case IF we will catch the virus but WHEN we will catch the virus. Being vaccinated will give us all a better chance to fight and survive the ordeal - a very simple equation IMHO.

I have many friends in the construction industry and they are some of the nicest people around and their professional reputation have been sullied by a very few idiots protesting about getting vaccinated this last week. Their selfish act not only have increased the danger of transmitting an already deadly virus to more people but their gathering have been disruptive to the business of others (myself included). Teenagers are lining up to get vaccinated because they believed their simple action will contributed to the goods of the community whilst these adult construction workers who have been allowed to work during the whole pandemic is crying foul because they are asked to get vaccinated before heading back to a worksite - you make your own opinion who is the true heroes here???

@ Re-tyred, I completely and sincerely feel your angers - hopefully once the vaccinated level is high enough and we are opened up, your situation will also improved, until then stay safe and look after yourself until that day come - hang in there mate!!

@ Truegogz, Will - you were and still is a breath of fresh air on this forum (and outside as well). Thank you for your humbleness in coming back on this forum to better inform us of what has happened, is happening and will probably happened with this virus, based on scientific facts and modelling. It is a slim chance but I will put it out there - Hope you are still following this thread from a far and wish you could reconsider coming back to better inform again. Please don't let the actions of a few spoiled if for the rest of the members on this forum. I am sure there are plenty of members who will agree with me on this.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

westvic
Has liked: 155 times

Post by westvic » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:58 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:01 pm

If you are still debating to be vaxed or not be be vaxed - hope the above article help in your decision. Not only you will be doing yourself a favour but you will be looking after those loved ones closest to you.

This pandemic has certainly created a massive divide in our community, only because it is an invisible enemy IMHO. If enemy invading our country has a physical form, I am sure all of us (vaxed or no vaxed) would have armed together to repel that enemy. Sad to see so much fighting (verbals and physical) within our once decent society just because some of us are converted to what we see on social medias instead of listening those that are trained experts in their fields aka your family doctors. We are so dammed lucky to have free and readily available vaccines and yet it is still not good enough for some. Between still alive with some side affects from the vaccine or being 6 feet under not alive to see the side affects, I rather have the side affects and still able say good morning to my family and friends. It will be no longer the case IF we will catch the virus but WHEN we will catch the virus. Being vaccinated will give us all a better chance to fight and survive the ordeal - a very simple equation IMHO.

I have many friends in the construction industry and they are some of the nicest people around and their professional reputation have been sullied by a very few idiots protesting about getting vaccinated this last week. Their selfish act not only have increased the danger of transmitting an already deadly virus to more people but their gathering have been disruptive to the business of others (myself included). Teenagers are lining up to get vaccinated because they believed their simple action will contributed to the goods of the community whilst these adult construction workers who have been allowed to work during the whole pandemic is crying foul because they are asked to get vaccinated before heading back to a worksite - you make your own opinion who is the true heroes here???

@ Re-tyred, I completely and sincerely feel your angers - hopefully once the vaccinated level is high enough and we are opened up, your situation will also improved, until then stay safe and look after yourself until that day come - hang in there mate!!

@ Truegogz, Will - you were and still is a breath of fresh air on this forum (and outside as well). Thank you for your humbleness in coming back on this forum to better inform us of what has happened, is happening and will probably happened with this virus, based on scientific facts and modelling. It is a slim chance but I will put it out there - Hope you are still following this thread from a far and wish you could reconsider coming back to better inform again. Please don't let the actions of a few spoiled if for the rest of the members on this forum. I am sure there are plenty of members who will agree with me on this.
Is there a way to double thumbs-up a post?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:58 am

westvic wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:58 pm
VooDoo wrote:

Is there a way to double thumbs-up a post?
make a second account and do it on that one too

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Well 1400 plus cases thanks to some lovely melbournians.
Atleast we got the 15k though.
Be interesting to hear what will has for us. Has anyone tried to contact him?
On the plus side was out Sunday and bagged out on squid. Lets hope it won't be a short easing of restrictions.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:29 pm

I got this from the news...

- 15km applies for shopping and exercise.
- No specified limit where to fish or play golf

Does it mean we can go farther to fish?

I will put the clubs in the car and go to Sorrento to hit some balls. :-) close to 70km radius from garage. :-)
Attachments
Screenshot_20210929-100748_Chrome.jpg
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

colnick
Has liked: 37 times

Post by colnick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:39 am

VooDoo wrote:

I second your sentiments Voodoo. Like many others, I always appreciated truedogz' informed contributions, whatever the subject. It's just a real shame that, perhaps due to some harsh and unjust treatment in the past, he has allowed an odd throwaway negative comment to outweigh a multitude of genuinely appreciative posts.

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:50 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:29 pm

I will put the clubs in the car and go to Sorrento to hit some balls. :-) close to 70km radius from garage. :-)
Does that mean I can go fishing wherever I want landbased or only in a boat are you allowed to go anywhere

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:41 pm

e.welch wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:50 pm
Fish-cador wrote:

Does that mean I can go fishing wherever I want landbased or only in a boat are you allowed to go anywhere
No 15 km for residential address on your license and for only 4 hrs

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:54 pm

sandef wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:41 pm
e.welch wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:50 pm
Fish-cador wrote:

No 15 km for residential address on your license and for only 4 hrs
Wish they would drop the stupid 4 hours barely a proper session 4 hours

Return to “Off Topic Forum”