Covid Vaccine

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Re: Covid Vaccine

Post by Dr Snapper » Wed May 19, 2021 9:38 pm

bowl wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 pm
Dr Snapper wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm
Thanks to all that have had the jab, I had mine this week after having a cold, and I was advised not to have it for a week.
To those that are eligible and haven’t had it, what not? More chance of getting blood clots when you have COVID than the jab.

And Don’t complain when the tennis or Grand Prix etc ( I can’t be bothered with either) are stuffed around because of not enough people have had the jab. Also, don’t complain If there is a third wave (as is occurring in south east Asia) your jab could have stopped part of the wave occurring. None of the super clinics have much of a wait time for walk ups. Go for it.
Each to their own.
Bowl, What exactly is stopping you get the jab?
I think if people were given a free pack of Tim tams after the jab, the jab rate would increase rapidly.
Nice weekend for fishing coming up, and we are not in lockdown, so enjoy what could be the last chance to catch a bucket full before winter sets in.
Cheers.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Wed May 19, 2021 11:34 pm

Does anyone know if there's side effect or restrictions etc for people with asthma? Since covid is like attacking the lung and stuff.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu May 20, 2021 7:48 am

Dr Snapper wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:38 pm
bowl wrote:
Dr Snapper wrote:
Thanks to all that have had the jab, I had mine this week after having a cold, and I was advised not to have it for a week.
To those that are eligible and haven’t had it, what not? More chance of getting blood clots when you have COVID than the jab.

And Don’t complain when the tennis or Grand Prix etc ( I can’t be bothered with either) are stuffed around because of not enough people have had the jab. Also, don’t complain If there is a third wave (as is occurring in south east Asia) your jab could have stopped part of the wave occurring. None of the super clinics have much of a wait time for walk ups. Go for it.
Each to their own.
I think if people were given a free pack of Tim tams after the jab, the jab rate would increase rapidly.
Nice weekend for fishing coming up, and we are not in lockdown, so enjoy what could be the last chance to catch a bucket full before winter sets in.
Cheers.
Vaccine was rushed.
Pretty much no covid in aus, insept from what we bring from overseas.ect
If I was living in USA or India , then there would be a need to get it quicker
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Thu May 20, 2021 12:36 pm

Tried to book in here in lakes entrance. No vaccine available, no idea when it will be
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

westvic
Has liked: 155 times

Post by westvic » Thu May 20, 2021 1:42 pm

bowl wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:48 am

And that is exactly why I got my jab today. Best way to keep the bloody thing out and not risk having to go back into lockdown again is for everyone to get the vaccine.

On a related note...I got the AZ shot and pretty happy about that. I understand this is an old school way of delivering a vaccine compared to some of the other methods.

Also I need to go into SA and NSW occasionally for work (and fishing). The way things are going I wouldn't mind betting that people with vaccine will get a quarantine exemption if the borders get locked up again.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu May 20, 2021 4:08 pm

Unfortunately I'm too young (& handsome) to get the vaccine, but when I qualify I'll be 1st in line....the new 'black fungus' occurring in recovering Covid patients in India sounds horrific.

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Thu May 20, 2021 4:29 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:36 pm
Tried to book in here in lakes entrance. No vaccine available, no idea when it will be
Myself and the missus are booked in at Lakes Entrance for our Covid jabs this coming Tuesday.

We made the appointments about a month ago as here in Orbost no one is doing them or knows when (if ever) jabs will be available in Orbost.

:)

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Thu May 20, 2021 7:41 pm

bowl wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:48 am
Dr Snapper wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:38 pm
bowl wrote:
Dr Snapper wrote:

Each to their own.
Cheers.
Vaccine was rushed.
If I was living in USA or India , then there would be a need to get it quicker
Yep, I agree, the vaccine was rushed out, but (rushed) trials were done, it’s not like we could wait. If people were not dropping dead at an alarming rate then we would have time for more trials etc, but we can’t wait.
Yep, no COVID in aust at the moment, but as sure as the sun rises, it will return as as travellers come in / go out of aust. We could end up like USA or India, we won’t because we will lock down, but who wants to go through that again.
The more people who get the jabs the less chance of lockdown and the quicker we can get back to normal.

What we need is an incentive to get it. Free Tim tams, a free beer, whatever, a jab passport that lets you go interstate and not do 14 day quarantine if the boarder shuts when the next lockdown occurs. A (quick) lockdown might be the best thing if the quarantine passport comes in. Watch people charge to get the jab so they can move interstate.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu May 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Best incentive is if your vaccinated , you don't have to go into anymore lockdown's.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri May 21, 2021 1:18 am

Keep in mind covid 19 ie sars 2 is 78% the same virus as the first sars. Development of a vaccine for sars whilst not complete had many years of research behind it, thus reducing the time required to create a vaccine for covid 19.

With the number of cases required for trails readily available trials were also completed faster.

Redtape was also cut due to the priority of the vaccine.

I am not sure rushed is the right word, perhaps fast tracked is more appropirate.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”