Covid Vaccine

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
ango

Covid Vaccine

Post by ango » Sat May 15, 2021 8:49 pm

G'day everyone. After coming to the conclusion that the only way to get back to how life was pre covid was to get vaccinated, I had the jab about 18 days ago. It was the AZ vaccine which is not ideal, but better than nothing. So far so good, I had no immediate reaction, then after about 4-5 days a bit of swelling followed by bit of itching which has now settled. Any one else had the jab? What was your experience? Looking at how things are in India and other parts of the world I think we are pretty lucky here in Oz. We are coming into winter which, it seems, is when the virus can really get a hold if it gets out of quarantine, hopefully this does not happen.
Cheers

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Covid Vaccine

Post by saph » Sat May 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Not had it yet but you would think we would follow the us for once and what they have done just open it for all. Have been following the science tho and found this person https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout that breaks it down well enough i can understand it with just a small amount of googling for stuff i dont. and from what ive heard is the second dose normaly kicks you for a few days.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sat May 15, 2021 11:03 pm

I had the first jab, second jab in a few weeks, I didn't have any reactions at all, the wife felt lethargic and tired drained of energy for 48 hrs then came good. I had the flu shot a month before the covid shot.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Sun May 16, 2021 1:48 am

Had the first no reaction
Thanks for the tweet info
Lou King Good

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun May 16, 2021 8:43 am

My parents got their first shot of covid juice a couple of weeks ago, Mum got some pretty bad side effects (flu symptoms that wrote her off for a day and a half) but since then they’ve been fine.

Their phone reception hasn’t dropped below full bars since then so the microchip is working.

Otherwise they’re just glad to be done and not have to worry about the pandemic anymore.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sun May 16, 2021 12:09 pm

I had mine 6 weeks ago, still haven't grown any thorns out of my head and no side effects

cantevencatchacold
Has liked: 30 times

Post by cantevencatchacold » Sun May 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Yup. Had my Astra Zeneca 3 weeks ago. No reaction. I usually react badly to the flu jab. Guess the second one will probably flatten me. When do the bats come? :rf:

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm

Thanks to all that have had the jab, I had mine this week after having a cold, and I was advised not to have it for a week.
To those that are eligible and haven’t had it, what not? More chance of getting blood clots when you have COVID than the jab.

And Don’t complain when the tennis or Grand Prix etc ( I can’t be bothered with either) are stuffed around because of not enough people have had the jab. Also, don’t complain If there is a third wave (as is occurring in south east Asia) your jab could have stopped part of the wave occurring. None of the super clinics have much of a wait time for walk ups. Go for it.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 pm

Dr Snapper wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm
Thanks to all that have had the jab, I had mine this week after having a cold, and I was advised not to have it for a week.
To those that are eligible and haven’t had it, what not? More chance of getting blood clots when you have COVID than the jab.

And Don’t complain when the tennis or Grand Prix etc ( I can’t be bothered with either) are stuffed around because of not enough people have had the jab. Also, don’t complain If there is a third wave (as is occurring in south east Asia) your jab could have stopped part of the wave occurring. None of the super clinics have much of a wait time for walk ups. Go for it.
Each to their own.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed May 19, 2021 2:10 pm

Dr Snapper wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm

I’m less fussed about anti vaxxers in relation to the covid vaccine than when it’s parents stopping their kids (who have no say in the matter but everything to lose from the decision) from getting a measles shot or something.

At the end of the day it’s adults who are capable of making an informed (or otherwise) decision and will be the ones facing the consequences of their decision. The borders will more than likely open with zero restrictions the second everyone who wants a vaccine has got one and covid will run rampant through unvaccinated people. If they’d prefer that to getting their shot then good luck to them and the less people in the line ahead of me.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Off Topic Forum”