Spirit of Tassie

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Re: Spirit of Tassie

Post by Sebb » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Texas wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:41 pm
Just so I can picture, would a 2 storey house be 6mtrs/ 20 ft ???
Gra
About right.
My townhouse is 2.7m then the slab then another 2.7m then the roof. So yeah about 6m.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:07 pm

Sounds about right or if you want to be more accurate it’s 6 one meter gummy sharks high. 😁

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:27 pm

Thankfully I never get seasick, I've had eight trips several that were very rough, felt sorry for a lot of people that were seasick..
When I lived in Sth Aust I used to travel via the Sealink freight Ferry once a month, a lot of those trips the waves were in the four metre range, it that was much smaller than the Tassies ships. It's only 11 kilomtre crossing Back Stairs Passage, but there was a lot of people who were glad when it arrived at Penneshaw..Even the Captain used to get crook on it.. Check out the four minute video from back in 2013, it was a rough day but I've seen and been on it when it worse than the video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAurQf_ft_g

cheers
Adrian..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:06 pm

meppstas wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:27 pm
Thankfully I never get seasick, I've had eight trips several that were very rough, felt sorry for a lot of people that were seasick..
When I lived in Sth Aust I used to travel via the Sealink freight Ferry once a month, a lot of those trips the waves were in the four metre range, it that was much smaller than the Tassies ships. It's only 11 kilomtre crossing Back Stairs Passage, but there was a lot of people who were glad when it arrived at Penneshaw..Even the Captain used to get crook on it.. Check out the four minute video from back in 2013, it was a rough day but I've seen and been on it when it worse than the video..

cheers
Adrian..
Oh dear. Though it's not very far, I won't get on board in that kinda weather.
I'm one of those unlucky person to easily get seasick.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:46 pm

meppstas wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:27 pm

cheers
Adrian..
Love Kangaroo Island, our passage was calm.
We went to an evening session with rangers, coming home in the dark I couldn't get over 20kpm because of all the wildlife

Return to “Off Topic Forum”