Building home with the big builders (Henley, Metricon, Simonds etc).

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Building home with the big builders (Henley, Metricon, Simonds etc).

Post by rb85 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:16 pm

How do they. pay the trades
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:52 am

bowl wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:44 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:12 pm
One thing I can recommend you do is opt for dual power outlets in each room. And as mentioned already get an independent building surveyor to inspect at each stage.
X2 more power points and b4 keys r handed slowly go thru house putting stickers on defec's.
Grab few mates to help go thru house.
Putting stickers on walls to note defects is a standard procedure during Pre Completion Inspection (PCI). The builder taking some off also doesn't necessarily mean his taking short cuts. There are Australian standards and when some clients decide its time to pull out the magnifying glass to spot defects its sometimes time to take those stickers off because as per standards you should be standing away from the defect at least 1m to spot it without glancing light.
Last edited by Robbie1950 on Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 am

gregmaka wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:41 pm
It's simple if you have a good supervisor and a set of good trades you may get a good job. But it also depends on how much a supervisor is allowed to pay for good tradesmen.Most of the stickers your talking about the tradesman takes them off if he thinks the defect is not that bad.If it were me building a new house i would go with a builder that has there own money and is well known and give supervisor and all important trades a slab and not pick on every little defect till the job is complete.Good luck.
What your essential saying is you would go with a custom builder rather a volume builder. Problem is custom builders charge more and not everyone has the money to pay the difference.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:22 am

Robbie1950 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:52 am
bowl wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:44 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:12 pm
One thing I can recommend you do is opt for dual power outlets in each room. And as mentioned already get an independent building surveyor to inspect at each stage.
X2 more power points and b4 keys r handed slowly go thru house putting stickers on defec's.
Grab few mates to help go thru house.
Putting stickers on walls to note defects is a standard procedure during Pre Completion Inspection (PCI). The builder taking some off also doesn't necessarily mean his taking short cuts. There are Australian standards and when some clients decide its time to pull out the magnifying glass to spot defects its sometimes time to take those stickers off because as per standards you should be standing away from the defect at least 1m to spot it without glancing light.
Our builder our half the stickers on, just double check cupboard doors r hung level ect
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:55 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 am
gregmaka wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:41 pm
It's simple if you have a good supervisor and a set of good trades you may get a good job. But it also depends on how much a supervisor is allowed to pay for good tradesmen.Most of the stickers your talking about the tradesman takes them off if he thinks the defect is not that bad.If it were me building a new house i would go with a builder that has there own money and is well known and give supervisor and all important trades a slab and not pick on every little defect till the job is complete.Good luck.
What your essential saying is you would go with a custom builder rather a volume builder. Problem is custom builders charge more and not everyone has the money to pay the difference.
I actually wasn't saying that,i have worked for all the builders that have been mentioned on this post.We may even know each other.A Lot of good tradesmen usually follow the supervisor if he or she is loyal and requires a good job,regardless volume builder or a bit more expensive.Personally i prefer volume builders.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”