Your Footy Team's List Assessment

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Your Footy Team's List Assessment

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:55 pm

I know this is a fishing forum, but there are a lot of footy fans here and im bored.

Here is my run down of the Richmond list.. feel free to tear apart my opinion and add your own. I would love to hear from other teams too, its always interesting to see where people think their own team is at.

I have only included the players that i have anything to say about.

1. Nick Vlastuin - IMO the most under rated player at Richmond. Losing him in the GF showed this.
5. Jack Ross - A disappointing year after his injury last year
6. Patrick Naish - A dud, just like his old man
7. Liam Baker - Break out season, should be an vital part of our running game next year
8. Jack Riewoldt - Probably going in to his last season next year
10. Shane Edwards - Also getting near the end, but probably a couple left in him
13. Jack Higgins - Most likely gone
14. Bachar Houli - Almost certainly heading in to his last season. Hopefully he can keep fit. A calf in the GF isnt a good sign
17. Daniel Rioli - Needs to be cleaner with the ball and stop slipping over. Champions keep their feet! Cant wait to see his cousin next year. Maurice Rioii was my all time favourite player before Dusty came along.
21. Noah Balta - Break out year, this guy could be anything
22. Josh Caddy - Mr. September we call him (look at the 2017 Geelong team calendar lol) A favourite of mine, but i fear he is past it
26. Riley Collier-Dawkins - Looking forward to seeing him get a game next year
27. Thomson Dow - Won the rookie of the year for the club
28. Fraser Turner - Delisted
29. Shai Bolton - Is just waiting for Edwards to retire to move into the midfield full time. GUN!
31. Oleg Markov - Gone by the looks of it. Great moustache
32. Luke English - Delisted
33. Kamdyn McIntosh - Another favourite of mine. Thought he was going great last year but missed out of both GF's (he was rested in the VFL GF)
39. Jake Aarts - Break out year, showed a lot of potential. A great goal sneak after finally kicking his first.
40. Callum Coleman-Jones - Must be kicking himself now. A late night Kebab cost him a possible start after Soldo went down late in the year
41. Mabior Chol - Glimpses of brilliance, but for some reason cant play out a full season. Has huge upside.
43. Derek Eggmolesse-Smith - Played a few ok games when needed this year, apparently he is a silky gun
44. Sydney Stack - A huge backwards step this year, hopefully being back in Melbourne is good for him next year
50. Marlion Pickett - Cant wait to see this guy with a couple of pre-seasons under him and a regular year not in lockdown. I absolutely love him.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Your Footy Team's List Assessment

Post by Texas » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Bachar Houli (ex bombers - damn) underrated & should have won a Norm Smith medal.
Gra

MickCov
Has liked: 13 times

Post by MickCov » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:26 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:55 pm
I know this is a fishing forum, but there are a lot of footy fans here and im bored.

Here is my run down of the Richmond list.. feel free to tear apart my opinion and add your own. I would love to hear from other teams too, its always interesting to see where people think their own team is at.

I have only included the players that i have anything to say about.

1. Nick Vlastuin - IMO the most under rated player at Richmond. Losing him in the GF showed this.
5. Jack Ross - A disappointing year after his injury last year
6. Patrick Naish - A dud, just like his old man
7. Liam Baker - Break out season, should be an vital part of our running game next year
8. Jack Riewoldt - Probably going in to his last season next year
10. Shane Edwards - Also getting near the end, but probably a couple left in him
13. Jack Higgins - Most likely gone
14. Bachar Houli - Almost certainly heading in to his last season. Hopefully he can keep fit. A calf in the GF isnt a good sign
17. Daniel Rioli - Needs to be cleaner with the ball and stop slipping over. Champions keep their feet! Cant wait to see his cousin next year. Maurice Rioii was my all time favourite player before Dusty came along.
21. Noah Balta - Break out year, this guy could be anything
22. Josh Caddy - Mr. September we call him (look at the 2017 Geelong team calendar lol) A favourite of mine, but i fear he is past it
26. Riley Collier-Dawkins - Looking forward to seeing him get a game next year
27. Thomson Dow - Won the rookie of the year for the club
28. Fraser Turner - Delisted
29. Shai Bolton - Is just waiting for Edwards to retire to move into the midfield full time. GUN!
31. Oleg Markov - Gone by the looks of it. Great moustache
32. Luke English - Delisted
33. Kamdyn McIntosh - Another favourite of mine. Thought he was going great last year but missed out of both GF's (he was rested in the VFL GF)
39. Jake Aarts - Break out year, showed a lot of potential. A great goal sneak after finally kicking his first.
40. Callum Coleman-Jones - Must be kicking himself now. A late night Kebab cost him a possible start after Soldo went down late in the year
41. Mabior Chol - Glimpses of brilliance, but for some reason cant play out a full season. Has huge upside.
43. Derek Eggmolesse-Smith - Played a few ok games when needed this year, apparently he is a silky gun
44. Sydney Stack - A huge backwards step this year, hopefully being back in Melbourne is good for him next year
50. Marlion Pickett - Cant wait to see this guy with a couple of pre-seasons under him and a regular year not in lockdown. I absolutely love him.
I recon Baker is one of your most improved players.
His pace off half back one of Richmonds great assets this year.
To the pies.Scanlens gum style for a few players
J Daicos:Burst on the scene and gave us a glimpse of his ability.Low centre of gravity,not over endowed with pace but can still slow the game down with his composure.
C Brown:Good pace and courage not questioned,knows his limitations by foot.
M Cox:Enigmatic.Hands good when he is on and pretty good from within 50 in front of goal.Needs to show consistency.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Definitely agree with Gra about the Norm Smith. As much as it hurts to say I think the Tiges might have another flag in them. They seem to time their run to perfection over the last 2 years. In saying that sometimes the end can come all of a sudden. Carlton in 96 for example.
The mighty Blues look very likely to finish top 8 next year in my biased opinion. We have a core of young players all about the same maturity who should be hitting their straps next year. We were competitive in pretty much every game this year but went missing for periods every week that cost us big time. If we can improve our consistency and add a couple fresh faces including Curnow then I reckon we can make finals next year. If Essendon could bottom out and win the spoon then I’d be the happiest bloke around.😀

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Essendon.
Joe danhier ,glad he is gone.

We r crap ,that's about it....

Hope we can pick up Higgins from Richmond.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:16 pm

bowl wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:46 pm
Essendon.

Higgins is a great kid it will be sad to see him go. You guys need Ben Brown he would love Merret kicking it into him with his left foot. :tu:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:49 pm

bowl wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:46 pm
Essendon.

Love Tippa, not sad that Daniher left, love to have kept Fantasia. I'd give Majak a 1 year contact

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:52 am

I am a bit surprised by the negativity towards Daniher. I guess he has become a whipping boy at Essendon, especially since he wants to leave.

I would happily have him at Richmond.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:54 am

Texas wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:25 pm
Bachar Houli (ex bombers - damn) underrated & should have won a Norm Smith medal.
Gra
Reckon he needed another goal in the second half to seal the deal in 2017, as such he left it open for a 'big name' player to pinch it, which is ultimately what happened.

Regardless, he still played well in 2017.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”