Taking and picking up health workers to their place of work during curfew

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Taking and picking up health workers to their place of work during curfew

Post by Brett » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:04 pm

From what I could make of the presser, it is only a soft curfew, until Wed, when they will jump up and down. They haven't released what industries or workers will continue as yet and will inform us more tomorrow and tues.

There is a good chance, it will become like QLD and you will need to apply for a permit and display it or similar in your window, to be recognised as exempt or essential. But we will need to wait and see.

I don't think you will have any issues, getting the fine revoked, if you get one, simply from your explanation above.

I think there was to be leniency and warnings given for the next cpl of days, explaining what can and can't be done.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Thanks for your insights.

I hope the cops will be understanding and considerate. I am sure they wont like it being attended to by my daughter holding the fine they wrote in case they end up in a hospital bed. :rf:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:41 pm

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/health-serv ... s-covid-19

Try the phone numbers. Not sure how much help they will be
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:38 pm
I don't usually rant about the govt policies, rules and related stuff related to COVID but today, I ran out of wits. These politicians announced a curfew but did not provide any guidelines or means for the public to get the right information about it. I know people can be outside if working, getting care or giving care. What is the deal when taking someone who provides care to/from her place of work? The Victorian Government website has no contact info.

My wife and daughter are both frontline health care workers. My wife drives but my daughter doesn't. Majority of the times, I take and pick up my daughter to/from her work in Box Hill Hospital. She works night shift and /or afternoon shifts. Meaning I will be driving her to/from work well within the curfew period of 8PM and 5AM. We will not risk using taxi or Uber as many people out there work while infected.

Has anyone seen the rules about the curfew? With no clear guidelines, I believe I am at risk being ***** slapped with a fine.

If I tell my daughter to take her vacations, that will be one essential front line worker out of action. We dont want to do that. She is needed out there.

The acid test will be at 9PM tonight......first trip on the first night of curfew.

If someone has seen any info that will help me with my dilemma, that will be much appreciated.
Just get your daughters ANUM or supervisor to write a letter stating you transport her to work and have her texted it to you

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am

Her payslip will prove where see works
That should be enough
Gra

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 am

Unfortunately given rego identification and the curfew, even though I dont doubt it's a legit reason, it is likely you will get stopped and have to explain yourself a lot. A copy of wife's ID and obvious documentation showing where she works will make it quicker and easier to clearly explain. Maybe even a note from wifes place of employment. Its pretty much on a par with care giving and taking someone to an appointment. Its providing a necessary service

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:07 am

I'd be interested as to, how many cars on the road a night
Gra

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:37 pm

Thanks for the tips.

My wife drives. Not worried about her. She has her own ID but she is a bad liar. :rf:

I took photos of my daughter's eastern health ID cleary showing the hospital name. Beside it was another ID of hers with our home address that matches my DL info.

Went out stealth mode last night. Used the quiet car to drive through the neighborhood. Some cars were on the main road travelling towards the hospital area. No marked police cars seen but they were just probably observing under a bush to see if the drivers have business in the area and anyone who drives past without doing anything will get the flashing lights.

Another trip tonight wearing the invisibility cloak...and the next..repeat for 6 weeks.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:38 pm

They announced today there would be permits available for people in your situation
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Texas wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am
Her payslip will prove where see works
That should be enough
Gra
No more payslips mate. Digital age, paperless, soft copies online.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “Off Topic Forum”