Basketball?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Basketball?

Post by croe04 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:42 pm

Inspired by the UFC thread I thought i'd make this

Anyone following of the NBA?
Any takes about the seeding games, playoffs or finals?

Only 3 more days until proper games resume

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Basketball?

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Followed it quite extensively and intensely from about 2008, had league pass each year and watched between 78-82 games a season of my team (Minnesota Timberwolves) then a few of the blockbuster match ups then playoffs. Love the dynamics of the league and depth of the game but ended league pass subscription for this season as it got pretty exhaustive watching such a losing team, so many matches and got a bit sick of a few elements of the NBA product/business.

Saw 5 games in Minnesota in 2015-16 (GSW, PHX, SAC, LAC, UTA) - got a ticket pack where we were about 10 rows back on the half court line, got to sit courtside during warm-ups one game and another night after the game met and chatted with the wolves announcers + KATs old man for 30m, got to stand centre court and have photos.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:46 pm

In the 90s I was in the USA.
Seen the bulls play a few times.
They are exceptional athletes

Bm

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:52 pm

Personally I don’t get basketball even at school I didn’t get it. It’s a bit discriminating for short people. They should have 2 leagues over and under 6 ft.

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:53 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:09 pm
Followed it quite extensively and intensely from about 2008, had league pass each year and watched between 78-82 games a season of my team (Minnesota Timberwolves) then a few of the blockbuster match ups then playoffs. Love the dynamics of the league and depth of the game but ended league pass subscription for this season as it got pretty exhaustive watching such a losing team, so many matches and got a bit sick of a few elements of the NBA product/business.

Saw 5 games in Minnesota in 2015-16 (GSW, PHX, SAC, LAC, UTA) - got a ticket pack where we were about 10 rows back on the half court line, got to sit courtside during warm-ups one game and another night after the game met and chatted with the wolves announcers + KATs old man for 30m, got to stand centre court and have photos.
Going to the US to watch basketball is something i've wanted to do for a long time, but now because of the state of the country i'm reconsidering.
I started watching basketball in 2007 when a friend of mine invited me over and we watched Nets vs Pacers, since he was from jersey he pretty much indoctrinated me into becoming a nets supporter. Quite a few blunder years between then and now where I lost interest due to the losing and the rebrand, until we actually got a playoff spot last year. Then, lo and behold, KD and Kyrie come along and now i'm excited to see what they're gonna do for the franchise next, so my interest has pretty much peaked.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:21 pm

I did in highschool then watched "The Last Dance" just recently. His camship has been hassling me to watch a game with him, might take him up on it.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:52 pm

To me basketball is to one end, then the other. Not much inbetween
Did see the globe trotters though, they were entertaining
Then again I love cars going around an oval, go figure
Don't mind baseball, now and then
Cheers Gra

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:18 am

My interest comes and goes. The 2000s was a better era to watch the game has better shooters now but the physicality has dropped a bit.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:11 am

croe04 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:53 pm

Going to the US to watch basketball is something i've wanted to do for a long time, but now because of the state of the country i'm reconsidering.
I started watching basketball in 2007 when a friend of mine invited me over and we watched Nets vs Pacers, since he was from jersey he pretty much indoctrinated me into becoming a nets supporter. Quite a few blunder years between then and now where I lost interest due to the losing and the rebrand, until we actually got a playoff spot last year. Then, lo and behold, KD and Kyrie come along and now i'm excited to see what they're gonna do for the franchise next, so my interest has pretty much peaked.
The Nets are an interesting team over the last 10 years or so and demonstrated a lot of what is great and and flawed with the NBA (IMO). In short - Good management/bad management impacts + small market/big market impacts.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:16 pm

I’m a huge Celtics fan

So much so I even went to the Garden last playoff run against the Bucks... I cursed us we lost both games 3 and 4 while I was there 😭

If Tatum gets back to pre lockdown form, we could be a sneaky dark horse to get out of the east and give either of the LA teams a run

Return to “Off Topic Forum”