4 day working week

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: 4 day working week

Post by Nude up » Tue May 26, 2020 6:05 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:43 pm
Nude up wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:02 pm
I do 12 hour shifts 2 days 2 nights 4 days off. I love it would not go back to 5 weekdays.
Great when you take 4 days off you are off For 12. With 5 weeks annual leave 12 rdo’s and 6 days in lieu you get plenty of time off. But the weather gods hate me at times 4 days on weather great light winds nice temps, then come my days off howling winds Freezing temps.

What I need is a shift where I only go work when the wind is above 10 knots or coming from the east, I did approx my boss but I don’t think he was interested

So Nude up, I guess asking for a Company Boat would be out of the question

I will ask in a couple of weeks when I return to work.

Company car.JPG

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue May 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Would need to be coupled with a UBI or a very strong social security program in order to work. Never happen, the moment you start talking like that you're a communist according to the Australian media.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed May 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:43 pm
Nude up wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:02 pm
I do 12 hour shifts 2 days 2 nights 4 days off. I love it would not go back to 5 weekdays.
Great when you take 4 days off you are off For 12. With 5 weeks annual leave 12 rdo’s and 6 days in lieu you get plenty of time off. But the weather gods hate me at times 4 days on weather great light winds nice temps, then come my days off howling winds Freezing temps.

What I need is a shift where I only go work when the wind is above 10 knots or coming from the east, I did approx my boss but I don’t think he was interested

So Nude up, I guess asking for a Company Boat would be out of the question

Company car.JPG
My previous employer was a shipping terminal in Melbournes Docks and our head office in Richmond on the yarra. I did try convincing the GM we needed a works boat to ferry visitors to and from HO to avoid Melbourne traffic. He was interested but not sold haha

Return to “Off Topic Forum”