Job keeper plan

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Job keeper plan

Post by Boonanza » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:10 pm

We got the Jobkeeper forms last week. We are still working but down from 12 hours a day 6 days a week to 8 hours 5 days a week. Last saturday was the first saturday I have had off since the Cod trip in March those 2 days felt like a week. Not sure how long it will be before we are cut back even more with half the construction sites closed and the rest with skeleton staff but I would be happy to have a few weeks off.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:40 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:02 pm
Sorry to hear P5, what industry/field did you work in?

May be too early for you know but do you qualify for any support/benefits?

Hope daughter OK as well
Construction mate, but I work in the office as a mechanical draftsman.
We're not allowed on most sites we currently have work on hence the holiday.
Boonanza wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:10 pm
We got the Jobkeeper forms last week. We are still working but down from 12 hours a day 6 days a week to 8 hours 5 days a week. Last saturday was the first saturday I have had off since the Cod trip in March those 2 days felt like a week. Not sure how long it will be before we are cut back even more with half the construction sites closed and the rest with skeleton staff but I would be happy to have a few weeks off.
Yeah we got the forms about a month ago. I didnt think it would affect staff offsite , but it has and it will be a week or 2 atleast before I can go back.
I'm not complaining too much tbh. Could be without a job. My wife is also the same now so we are all at home.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:01 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Down from 72 hours a week to 40 hours is it a fortnightly RDO job? 36hrs normal pay 36 at penalty rates on the 72 hour week? Is this on major projects EBA jobs or residential/commercial construction?
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Boonanza

Post by Boonanza » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:34 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:01 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Down from 72 hours a week to 40 hours is it a fortnightly RDO job? 36hrs normal pay 36 at penalty rates on the 72 hour week? Is this on major projects EBA jobs or residential/commercial construction?
Yes residential/commercial construction we do the big towers normally 70+ stories at the moment we have about 8 different projects on the go and some have 2 or 3 towers. Unfortunately we aren't under an Eba offsite so we negotiate our own contracts.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:37 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:34 pm
rb85 wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
Yes residential/commercial construction we do the big towers normally 70+ stories at the moment we have about 8 different projects on the go and some have 2 or 3 towers. Unfortunately we aren't under an Eba offsite so we negotiate our own contracts.
Fair enough guess you got to count yourself as one of the lucky ones who has been working I certainly do when so many are battling.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Boonanza

Post by Boonanza » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:52 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:34 pm
rb85 wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
Fair enough guess you got to count yourself as one of the lucky ones who has been working I certainly do when so many are battling.
Absolutely so many losing their jobs makes you feel terrible when we are doing so many hours I would be happy to share the work around if I could.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”