Fishing related lockdown activities.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Fishing related lockdown activities.

Post by rb85 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:14 pm

Build your own rod it's not hard you can get the components delivered to you. Plenty of resources online.

Read a book and improve your knowledge I have How to use an echo sounder/fish finder by John Adams on my coffee table.

Improve your knot game I am going to try and learn a few game fishing knots and make some live baiting rigs.

Practice your casting the pesky neighbourhood cat is a great target for a 1/2 Oz sinker.

Last but not least Youtube channels I am enjoying Lubin Pfeiffer's The Full Scale Fishing Adventures

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTdD8T ... ey66mxbLYQ

Also just watched Paul Malov at Blue Rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTyuaNlIbs
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Sinsemilla

Re: Fishing related lockdown activities.

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm

I was going to let you know about the blue rock vid but you're onto it rb.

I'm doing mods to the yak. sorted the tackle storage situation in the round hatch so my stuff doesn't get wet as it's not sealed.

Once the weather fines up, I'll finish off the casting deck on the tinny and install the leccy and other bits and pieces on it.

Also I've changed a few dodgy trebles and cleaned up a few lures and been servicing my reels.

Cheers, Anth

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 pm

I'm overdue to go to blue rock lake on yak. Maybe summer for baas on surface.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:59 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm

I'm doing mods to the yak. sorted the tackle storage situation in the round hatch so my stuff doesn't get wet as it's not sealed.

Once the weather fines up, I'll finish off the casting deck on the tinny and install the leccy and other bits and pieces on it.

Also I've changed a few dodgy trebles and cleaned up a few lures and been servicing my reels.

Cheers, Anth
What mods are you doing on the yak?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 pm

4liters wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:59 am
Sinsemilla wrote:

Cheers, Anth
Not real significant changes, just changing small things here and there like upgrading fixings, making tackle storage solutions and organizing things to make it more fisher friendly and comfortable.

I have a milk crate behind me which holds bits and pieces but i know if i go over, it will all disappear. Aaron has an esky that he showed me which im thinking might work to replace the crate.

I made a hinge out of materiel for the front hatch so i don't lose it.

I got a plano tackle box that is for a bucket and trimmed up the edges and cut a piece out so the latch can still lock and also glued rubber pieces underneath it so it doesn't slide around. this will also hold my phone and keys and keep them dry.

I put heat shrink on the paddles for grip with wet hands and one in the middle for when i have a fish on and I'm using it with one hand.

My dog.. Making sure everything is done properly..

Cheers, Anth
Attachments
20200408_203651.jpg
20200408_203817.jpg
20200408_203658.jpg
20200408_203717.jpg
20200408_203727.jpg
20200408_203737.jpg
20200408_203752.jpg
20200408_203916.jpg
20200408_203941.jpg

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:54 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zAuJZidhESE
Good tips here for those learning how to use baitcast.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:21 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 pm
4liters wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:

Cheers, Anth
Not real significant changes, just changing small things here and there like upgrading fixings, making tackle storage solutions and organizing things to make it more fisher friendly and comfortable.

I have a milk crate behind me which holds bits and pieces but i know if i go over, it will all disappear. Aaron has an esky that he showed me which im thinking might work to replace the crate.

I got a plano tackle box that is for a bucket and trimmed up the edges and cut a piece out so the latch can still lock and also glued rubber pieces underneath it so it doesn't slide around. this will also hold my phone and keys and keep them dry.

I put heat shrink on the paddles for grip with wet hands and one in the middle for when i have a fish on and I'm using it with one hand.

Cheers, Anth
Looks good

Having heavy stuff fall out of the milk crate if you tip isn't the worst thing, it will make it a lot easier to flip it back the right way up. I made a chute out of PVC pipe that holds my anchor and lets it just slide out if I went upside down.

I gave my pedal drive a desultory spin as walked past where it hangs on the wall this morning, it's been a month or so since I last had the Slayer out and the drive is already getting a bit tight to turn.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Aimless
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Aimless » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:26 am

I have already organised my tackle boxes (including setting up a new microjig box) which was fun. Redid some of my rods and set up a couple of new reels I got (a nice shallow spool Exceler for my ultralight gear and a cheap Kastking one just to give it a go on another rod of mine).

I had a nice shoulderbag coming from Aliexpress which can fit my microjig box, as well as another box for bigger lures + all the little bits. However suddenly moved last week so not sure it will ever reach me.

Think I will tie some bait rigs over the weekend. Don't do much bait fishing now but mostly because I'm not often prepared for it. Anyone got tips on how to store tied bait lines ready to go?

As for youtube suggestions, I heartily recommend you watch this Fishing the Wild NT channel. Great production, awesome fishing. I don't usually go in for fishing videos but this is a real adventure. And some great insight into traditional indigenous methods like spearing too (wait until you see how they handle rays!!) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8tX- ... EqwYePCArA

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:23 pm

4liters wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:21 am
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 pm
4liters wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:

Cheers, Anth

Cheers, Anth
Looks good

Having heavy stuff fall out of the milk crate if you tip isn't the worst thing, it will make it a lot easier to flip it back the right way up. I made a chute out of PVC pipe that holds my anchor and lets it just slide out if I went upside down.

I gave my pedal drive a desultory spin as walked past where it hangs on the wall this morning, it's been a month or so since I last had the Slayer out and the drive is already getting a bit tight to turn.
That's a good point, not that i carry anything heavy anyway.

I'm thinking the 22L Dometic icebox. When it's closed, it's sealed, in theory wouldn't it make it easier to flip the kayak back around?

Do you guys use inox to keep those things working nicely or do you grease them up?

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:27 am

As far as "Fishing" related lockdown activities.

I am on a fishing forum and I annoy the people on it :te:

fv.JPG

Cheers, Bug people :-D

Return to “Off Topic Forum”