NBN plans...

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: NBN plans...

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:25 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:23 pm
Just made the switch to Optus. Most of my devices are with them anyway :)
what plan did you go with, and did they charge you any fees to startup etc.
Well they only have 2 plans the $70 or the $90. Internet speed is both he same and speed is a priority for me. The only difference is with the 90 you get the fetch box included and unlimited landline calls both locally and interstate. But that’s no advantage for me and my other family members as we all just use our mobile phones and I have unlimited there already. We already pay a monthly for Netflix and Foxtel so went with the $70 plan and told them if I change my mind and want to upgrade in the future to get the fetch I will but unlikely I think. No fees because I already had cable with them for years before the nbn came out in our area.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:25 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:23 pm
Just made the switch to Optus. Most of my devices are with them anyway :)
what plan did you go with, and did they charge you any fees to startup etc.
Well they only have 2 plans the $70 or the $90. Internet speed is both he same and speed is a priority for me. The only difference is with the 90 you get the fetch box included and unlimited landline calls both locally and interstate. But that’s no advantage for me and my other family members as we all just use our mobile phones and I have unlimited there already. We already pay a monthly for Netflix and Foxtel so went with the $70 plan and told them if I change my mind and want to upgrade in the future to get the fetch I will but unlikely I think. No fees because I already had cable with them for years before the nbn came out in our area.
yep, exactly the same situation im in.
i already have fetch, and foxtel.. both are similar, so dont think you will need the fetch box.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:47 pm

What did you end up getting Steve?

NBN is finally available in my area so I'm looking at plans right now.

Optus has offered NBN50 Unlimited for $70 a month with one month free no contract...
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:56 pm

fishingvic wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:47 pm
What did you end up getting Steve?

NBN is finally available in my area so I'm looking at plans right now.

Optus has offered NBN50 Unlimited for $70 a month with one month free no contract...
Went with optus Mate, so far so good.
few reasons.
i can have all my services on one bill
unlimted service for $70.
i dont remeber if mine is a contractless agreement, but i wanted all my services to be on the one bill so its just easier for me.
i also got to keep the Fetch TV for free as it was on my previous contract.

The modem i got from them however has extremely bright lighting and there's no way to dim it in any setting, just an FYI.
maybe some tint film on the face is the only go i think. (i have already asked optus about it, and seems to be no way to dim it)

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 pm

BTW, another FYI

when the NBN guy comes to install the NBN box, make sure your home or someone who knows something about it is at home.
their instructions is to install it at the closest point to the kerb, or where the cable is in the house.
this unfortunately for a lot of people ends up being in their bedrooms, or hallways etc.

i had to argue with them and get a second installer sent to put the connection where i wanted.
the first guy refused to run the cable an extra 10m to another room next door, i told him to leave the house and not do anything.

i got instructions from NBN on what cable to run and chased it through the roof for the next guy to install.(according to instrcution from NBN)
second guy was more understanding and said the wires i have used is not up to industry standard (bunnings) and he ran new cable for me.

just something to be aware of.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”