Back again, long time stagnant

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Back again, long time stagnant

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:11 pm

IMG_2055 (3).JPG
It's been a while since I've been here, Seems to have quietened down here a heap.
Finished the ever long drawn out rebuild, re powered her and now enjoying what the south coast of NSW has to offer.
Weather has been atrocious since we migrated north, heavy rain and I mean heavy ( near 2 meters ytd )and the winds have all but ruined any chance of a late marlin or Tuna fish so far, pretty much what all the local Boaties have been saying as well....
with a large long river right at my door step, full of bream and if your good, some huge Dhueies, that's enough to bide time until the outside weather improves enough to get out.. She's only a 15 km run out to the banks from my launching spot, and a lot of the time alot closer than that to hook into some of the larger palagic species, that's a far cry from the km's needed to travel out too, back down Victoria way.
No photo's to show as such yet, ( weather issues), but I'll certainly get some posted up as soon as the weather allows us to get out..

Col

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Back again, long time stagnant

Post by purple5ive » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:28 pm

Good to see the boat is finally finished Colin.
Did you still get the work done here after all those issues or do it after moving to NSW.
And yes it has gone a lot quiet than before thanks to many regulars leaving the site.

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm

Yeah, I'm seeing how slow it's been..
Got a fair bit done down there, but had to finish it off properly when I got up here,, in fact, I still have a few jobs left to do still,, mainly getting the new Gunwale rubber on as soon as the weather improves,,, didn't stop me from getting run in hours up on the motor, for warrantee purposes ..
Ordered the new motor up here before moving up, thinking it would be some months lead time, it arrived 6 weeks later, so it was all panic getting the last of the wiring finished to get the boat down to the shop for the engine fit up..
Just need the weather to play ball now..

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:54 am

Boats looking great...looking forward to seeing more pics

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:45 am

Welcome back mate, keen to see the build progress!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Russell Harris
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Russell Harris » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:31 am

Great to hear project nearly finished - Wiring? - How did you end up solving the mystery of wiring looms?

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:19 am

Russell Harris wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:31 am
Great to hear project nearly finished - Wiring? - How did you end up solving the mystery of wiring looms?
LOL
Electrickery..
The wiring was all original when I cleaned and cut out the inside of the boat, in all honesty, it was in a shocking mess, a green corroded birds nest.
If an electrical issue had of happened while on the water, In all honesty, I would have been stranded.
That alone made me decide, I needed to re wire myself to get my head around it... and the average quote I got to get some one to do it !!.
It was honestly, a bit of a head F@@@ at first, but I persisted, doing the internet research, good advice from some experienced blokes I picked there brains and an auto electrician across from me, who came over and checked things out as I progressed.
I'm glad I went thru the process, I feel confident if on the water if an issue occurs, I'll be able to sort it out now.
My soldering and crimping may not be up to the quality of a professional, but passable, an exercise that was well worth the head trauma :-D ..

Wiring can be a bit of a scary thing to get your head around as a novice, but once you get your head around things and get correct advice, the penny drops and it becomes a less scary task.
I will say, not doing it properly, can have some dire consequences, but I was trusting of those who gave me the advice and it's worked out fine.
If your not confident in your own abilities, I would definitely advise shopping the job out though, for sure...

Col

Return to “Boating”