Car plus fence equals no boat

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Car plus fence equals no boat

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:43 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wondering what’s the worst/funniest thing that’s happened to you, out of your control, before a boating/fishing trip that’s caused you not to be able to go. I’d planned out a couple of sessions for last week and this one but last week the evening before I was going to head out my neighbour decided that he wanted to reverse his car into my fence and knock half my gate off. So after having to patch up the gaping hole I’ve now got my boat and partners car locked in with nowhere to go for a time period I’m not sure of, as of yet when it’ll be fixed.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Re: Car plus fence equals no boat

Post by Sebb » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:00 pm

Oh wow. You're neighbour gonna pay for to repair?

Mine was back about 7-8 years ago. Planned a trip to fly fish in Tassie, booked the flight, etc, months prior. Then Uni decided to start 2 weeks early. So I bailed the Tassie trip, lost the flight ticket (no refund), my mate ended up alone there and upset.
I was really looking forward to it. First two weeks uni was not very important, I should've gone to Tassie. Still regret it. But oh well.

Now I have a job etc. If I did go, and failed uni subjects, could be a diff story. I might not be where I am now.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:03 pm

Sebb wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:00 pm

Mine was back about 7-8 years ago. Planned a trip to fly fish in Tassie, booked the flight, etc, months prior. Then Uni decided to start 2 weeks early. So I bailed the Tassie trip, lost the flight ticket (no refund), my mate ended up alone there and upset.
I was really looking forward to it. First two weeks uni was not very important, I should've gone to Tassie. Still regret it. But oh well.

Now I have a job etc. If I did go, and failed uni subjects, could be a diff story. I might not be where I am now.
Yeah he’s got no choice, done a decent job with his car too. Just glad everyone was ok.

They say everything happens for a reason and maybe that’s why.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:26 pm

Sebb wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:00 pm

On fishing Victoria….
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:27 pm

What’s ruined many a good fishing trip but that’s in my control would be having a job lol
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “Boating”