$100,000 question.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: $100,000 question.

Post by ducky » Tue May 25, 2021 7:27 pm

It’s all new. Completely replaced by a good builder. Stringers are done. Transom needs a final layer of glass then it’s time to foam fill/floor down, then it’s onto side pockets/bulkheads and a flat back

All the shitty grunt work is done and it’s all completely exposed for inspection so no second guessing. I’d prefer to buy a boat exposed like this than with a floor hiding some potential crimes. In my opinion it’s worth minimum $12k. The numbers well and truly worked out for fitout but the time frame of a rebuild when I’m still in the final stages of another and a reputation for never finishing projects meant I had to pass it up lol. I’ve got the cash here to finish mine with a bit of fruit without feeling the pinch. Buying this would have screwed that up for at least 6 months.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue May 25, 2021 11:51 pm

ducky wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:27 pm
It’s all new. Completely replaced by a good builder. Stringers are done. Transom needs a final layer of glass then it’s time to foam fill/floor down, then it’s onto side pockets/bulkheads and a flat back

All the shitty grunt work is done and it’s all completely exposed for inspection so no second guessing. I’d prefer to buy a boat exposed like this than with a floor hiding some potential crimes. In my opinion it’s worth minimum $12k. The numbers well and truly worked out for fitout but the time frame of a rebuild when I’m still in the final stages of another and a reputation for never finishing projects meant I had to pass it up lol. I’ve got the cash here to finish mine with a bit of fruit without feeling the pinch. Buying this would have screwed that up for at least 6 months.
Would you have kept the top deck as is on this?

It’s perfect for whatever type of boat you’re after

ducky

Post by ducky » Wed May 26, 2021 11:15 pm

If I were rebuilding a 565 it would be as a family friendly fishing rig. So yeah I wouldn’t be cutting it up too much. Set up the front port side with a door to get a decent lay down space for overnighters and some storage on the starboard side behind the panels etc.

But honestly I’ve come to terms with the fact that another boat at this stage of my life is only going to be more of a pain in the arse then it’s worth. I need at least 3/4 acre and sheds before I expand the collection. Read: probably never lol

ducky

Post by ducky » Thu May 27, 2021 10:56 am

It sold for $15k

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu May 27, 2021 11:32 am

ducky wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:56 am
It sold for $15k
Well if it sold that quickly,it must of been priced correctly.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

ducky

Post by ducky » Thu May 27, 2021 3:31 pm

Exactly. May have even been under valued

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Thu May 27, 2021 6:11 pm

ducky wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:31 pm
Can you explain the details of the rebuild to date? E.g the transom? Was it just rebuilt to standard or was it custom?

The ad is so vague it’s not funny, it doesn’t even show pics of the rebuilt transom so on face value alone without a floor and outboard and original top deck it seems pricey

Edit: I didn’t really factor in price of the trailer either... probably 2k minimum I suppose. Looks okay.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu May 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:11 pm
ducky wrote:
Can you explain the details of the rebuild to date? E.g the transom? Was it just rebuilt to standard or was it custom?

The ad is so vague it’s not funny, it doesn’t even show pics of the rebuilt transom so on face value alone without a floor and outboard and original top deck it seems pricey

Edit: I didn’t really factor in price of the trailer either... probably 2k minimum I suppose. Looks okay.
If u were interested ,should of pm the guy asking for info
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Thu May 27, 2021 7:06 pm

bowl wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:47 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:11 pm
ducky wrote:

If u were interested ,should of pm the guy asking for info
Is it okay if I just ask Ducky some questions?

Would that be okay with you? Or the person who was selling this boat?

Apologies - if not

ducky

Post by ducky » Thu May 27, 2021 8:14 pm

Long story short and without naming any names it was a mates boat, was original and good money paid for it. He wanted a flat back and some other work done to it. Engaged a builder and spent the money on assurance everything was in good order. After the work was done to a below par level inclusive of a flat back that didn’t fit the outboard and glass work that delaminated he wasn’t happy. When he found stuff wet that wasn’t meant to be he decided a full gut out rebuild was in order so went with another bloke. This builder did quality work but took way too long. Frustrations grew and then it was found one of the workers accidentally put a 9” grinder through the side of the boat when cutting out the bulkheads. Sucks but it’s the risk you take with big tools in awkward angles He was obviously pissed off and he decided to cut his losses and walk away from the project.

As I said in an earlier post the work that was done was completed to a high standard. At the money it was going for it was a bargain. The 9” hole was an easy patch in the grand scheme of the project.

The top deck is original?

Return to “Boating”