Precision Boat Trailers

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Precision Boat Trailers

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Have you thought of building your own one?
There are alloy flatpack trailers that you can buy online as well
Or perhaps ask chearter parts on here if he can build you one.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:56 am

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:48 am
LOL i wouldnt have the heart to sell it so some poor bloke that doesnt know any better. Id hate to be responsible for someone's boat sliding down the road after the trailer disintegrates on them.

I'll look in to the metal scrap yard and when i get in contact with whoever i go with i will ask them if they have anyone they use to scrap old trailers.
You're a good man :tu: :gj: :nw:

Expecting nothing less of a Tiger fanatic :vy:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:48 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:41 pm
Have you thought of building your own one?
There is a reason why i am a chef and not a builder lol. There is no way i would trust my pride and joy sitting on something that I built. :o_0:

VooDoo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:56 am
You're a good man :tu: :gj: :nw:

Expecting nothing less of a Tiger fanatic :vy:
Integrity means a lot to me.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Persistence » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:07 pm

I went through this decision 4 years ago and ended up going with Nautica. The components and gal were better, and the guys had been around a bit longer and seemed to know a bit more. Since then I've towed a 5.25 alloy boat to Mallacoota, west coast Vic, eildon, east Gippsland and many trips to PPbay and WPbay. have not had any problems with it. Fisheries inspected us at Werribee ramp earlier this year and thought it was a new trailer.
I did spray Penitrol into the tubing when I first got it and give the trailer a good flush with the hose after each trip.
The tyres are the only thing I could pick on. They balloon a bit too much and are just cheap Chinese ones. I'll replace them at the end of this year.
Good luck with the hunt.

SteveoTheTiger

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks mate, good review. Unfortunately i couldnt get hold of Nautica.. even their website is down.

In the end i have put in my order for the Precision trailer. From everything i have read and some people i spoke to at the boat show i am sure it will be a great trailer. Miles ahead of what i have now. Just playing the waiting game now.

It will ceratinly do until i can get that Surtees or Bar Crusher :ch:

SteveoTheTiger

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:00 pm

I finally picked up the new trailer today.. what i originally thought would be a week or two turn around turned into over 4 months but after speaking to them on the phone when i ordered the trailer i realised that it was going to be a long wait due to supply issues with Covid lockdowns etc.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:04 am

Scrap metal - 0432427566, will take the old trailer
Or - Graham Court, off Old Geelong road
Cheers Gra

SteveoTheTiger

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:35 pm

Thanks Texas, ill give them a call.

The place i contacted was Scrappy's in Albion. But the closer the better.. this trailer is really on its last legs.

SteveoTheTiger

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:41 pm

Hey guys, i havent really been on the forum much lately. I was pretty busy after i finally went back to work.

I do have a small update though. The boat is finally on the new trailer and ready to hit the water again.. except we are back in lockdown lol.

It took a lot longer than expected to get things happening. First off i had to wait about 3 or 4 weeks after picking up the trailer to get an appointment with Vic Roads for the inspection and rego. Then i had to wait a few weeks for my brother in law so that i had access to two cars with tow bars to do the swap over. Then we had to delay another week due to the weather.

Anyway i was able to swap the boat over to the new trailer 2 weeks ago. That took about 10 minutes. We then parked on the grass section at the end of the carpark at the Werribee South ramp and did the adjustments. With the instructions i was given and a bit of initial head scratching we got the trailer 90% fitted up in about an hour and a half. And i spent another hour or so on it when i got home by myself just adjusting the guides, bolting on the spare wheel and replacing the winch with the one off my old trailer which was better than the new one.

It towed fine on the way home with no noticeable swaying or anything. And the boat went on easy, even though the rollers were WAY out at first. It sure is easier winching a boat onto a trailer that has rollers that actually roll!

I dumped the old trailer at a wrecker (The one suggested by Texas). Im not sure if i mentioned earlier, but the boat was now not sitting level on the trailer and rust was literally falling off the trailer as it went down the road. I drove the whole way to Werribee South at about 50kmh and avoided any unnecessary round abouts and speed bumps.

So, almost 18 months later than planned the job is done. Just in time to miss what i understand was a great whiting season!

Now i have to finish painting the floor. A job i started back in early 2020 when i ripped out all the carpet, but quickly lost motivation once i realised i wont be using the boat until the got the new trailer sorted.

daltonbourne

Post by daltonbourne » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:32 pm

These boat trailer rollers from SHORELINE MARINE are much better than the 170 stock Tracker trailer rollers. I replaced the old rubber fender on my boat. This one has 3 pieces, which makes it easy to install. Unfortunately, since my bot trailer is homemade, the mount is wider than the roller and I had to drill holes in the bracket to install the bolts, but it worked fine and worked better than my old stop.

Return to “Boating”