Nude up wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:14 pm
rb85 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:15 pm
fishnut wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 am
rb85 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:06 pm
Great subject Matt what materials are the lonestar motor & gearbox manufactured out of.
After much research i decided in a lonestar because:
Lifetime warranty on motor
Motor outer casing machined aluminium casing (in Australia )i think,not cast ,and anodised
Aluminium cools quicker and better for heat dissapation

The rest of the winch is similar to the others
Im trying to repair/service my muir winch which is over 10 years old the stainless bolts onto the gearbox frame have seized.
We use liquid wrench at work to remove stubborn bolts soaking them for a while then a bit of heat. The very worst case if it shears we get machine shop to spark erode it they are whizzes at it.
Haven't heard of liquid wrench I was going to use yield or kroil. The problem I have is they are captive bolts the casing has just bonded to the thread.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Anchor rope & chain replacement

Post by Nude up » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:18 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:18 pm
Nude up wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:14 pm
rb85 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:15 pm
fishnut wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 am
rb85 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:06 pm
Great subject Matt what materials are the lonestar motor & gearbox manufactured out of.
After much research i decided in a lonestar because:
Lifetime warranty on motor
Motor outer casing machined aluminium casing (in Australia )i think,not cast ,and anodised
Aluminium cools quicker and better for heat dissapation

The rest of the winch is similar to the others
Im trying to repair/service my muir winch which is over 10 years old the stainless bolts onto the gearbox frame have seized.
We use liquid wrench at work to remove stubborn bolts soaking them for a while then a bit of heat. The very worst case if it shears we get machine shop to spark erode it they are whizzes at it.
Haven't heard of liquid wrench I was going to use yield or kroil. The problem I have is they are captive bolts the casing has just bonded to the thread.
The other thing is transmission fluid

LakinZ

Post by LakinZ » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:09 pm

World of Watersports' Tow Rope is a super fun tube! It's great that it's big enough for 3 people! Incredible quality is off the charts! I love how comfortable it is and the padded handle is amazing! I also tied it to the dock when we weren't tubing and it turned into a comfortable lounge too!
Last edited by LakinZ on Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:05 pm

LakinZ wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:09 pm
World of Watersports' Tow Rope is a super fun tube! It's great that it's big enough for 3 people! Incredible quality is off the charts! I love how comfortable it is and the padded handle is amazing! I also tied it to the dock when we weren't tubing and it turned into a comfortable lounge too!
I bet you love your watersports you dirty perv ;-)

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:30 pm

Pdiddy24 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I'll be looking at the smaller version gx1. I'm only hoping to run a single battery. Have you got a dual battery setup? Any thoughts if I'd get bybwith a single
Hey mate I have the gx1 and run a single 780 amp battery, no issues so far as long as motor is running before raising anchor

Return to “Boating”