Stabicraft / Bar Crusher V's Haines Hunter

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Stabicraft / Bar Crusher V's Haines Hunter

Post by cobby » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:43 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:10 pm
Does anyone own or know much about Cruise Crafts? I've particularly been looking at the Explorer 568. It looks pretty sexy but more importantly I would love to know how these boats perform on the water and are they considered a quality build? I'm trying to make a comparison to a Haines Hunter as price wise they are relatively similar.

Any info would be much appreciated. :ch:
They've done exactly what fp said. The 568 is really the Explorer 530 from 5 years ago (which was a tweaked Explorer 550 hull from 20 years ago). Any reviews you find on the 530 will be largely applicable to the 568 with possibly minor tweaks here and there to things like the dash etc. LOA is what it's named on and remains a 5.3-5.5m waterline hull like the previous name. They use the same hull mould for the Fish 360S centre console. It's a solid hull with typical Cruise Craft quality build (the Streakers they produced up until recently were better quality than what the Savage brothers pumped out down here).

Unless the new price with a 150hp decked out is exceptional value compared to most others, I'd honestly save $10+k hunting down a used 530 that's got most of the fruit fitted already

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Stabicraft / Bar Crusher V's Haines Hunter

Post by frozenpod » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:42 pm

I agree it looks like the 530 relabelled.

77k base starting price is a heap of money for a 17ft boat.

Return to “Boating”