Stabicraft / Bar Crusher V's Haines Hunter

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Stabicraft / Bar Crusher V's Haines Hunter

Post by Robbie1950 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:42 pm

I have been recently looking to possibly upgrade my boat to something larger. Storage is the biggest issue for me so ideally I would like a boat around the 5.65m range as it can still fit in a standard garage.

A couple of boats that have caught my eye are the Haines Hunter 565R (or offshore) & the Stabicraft 1850 Supercab.

I have heard that the Haines due to its solid build and weight is a great soft ride but I cant seem to find much info on the Stabicraft 1850 to make a comparison. Has anyone taken a ride in one before or something of similar size (possibly even a Bar Crusher)? I'm going to assume it's not going to be a soft ride like a glass boat but my question is how hard is it in decent chop? At the moment I have an alloy runabout and to be honest I'm sick of the sore neck and back after every trip.

Any feedback is much appreciated. :ch:

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Re: Stabicraft / Bar Crusher V's Haines Hunter

Post by ben475 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:17 pm

goodluck on finding a new boat Robbie, im sure you'll have fun deciding and searching.
surely a 565 haines or similar size half cab would be a real struggle to fit in a standard garage? I don't think any cabin boat would fit under the roller door on my garage.

I reckon all those boats would go alright and im sure someone will chime in with some first hand experience.
a pressed alloy runabout would have to ride a lot rougher in chop just due to driver position and lighter weight factor.

Robbie1950

Post by Robbie1950 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:24 pm

ben475 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:17 pm
goodluck on finding a new boat Robbie, im sure you'll have fun deciding and searching.
surely a 565 haines or similar size half cab would be a real struggle to fit in a standard garage? I don't think any cabin boat would fit under the roller door on my garage.

I reckon all those boats would go alright and im sure someone will chime in with some first hand experience.
a pressed alloy runabout would have to ride a lot rougher in chop just due to driver position and lighter weight factor.

My garage is 7m long. I have already contacted a seller of a Haines 565R and his measured it at 6.9m overall. The specs on an 1850 supercab say its 6.8m long overall. When I built my house I made sure the garage door had the height for a larger boat. :gj:

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:27 pm

Haven't been in a modern 565 or an 1850 stabi, but a slightly older Haines 580 breeze completely an utterly destroys a 620 backcrusher in every way except deck space if that's anything to go by.

Robbie1950

Post by Robbie1950 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:36 pm

cobby wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:27 pm
Haven't been in a modern 565 or an 1850 stabi, but a slightly older Haines 580 breeze completely an utterly destroys a 620 backcrusher in every way except deck space if that's anything to go by.
Thanks for the feedback, I thought this would be the case. At a similar price point I was tempted to take a look at the alloy's but I'm definitely leaning towards the Haines. Unusually there is only a 120kg dry weight difference between the two. (according to Boatsales)

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:52 pm

I'd go the stabi. Safer than the other boats. Setup well for fishing, Alloy so way less maintenance and will last longer than a fiberglass boat. Probably better resale value as well.

Cheers, Anth

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Screenshot_20200411-170236.png
I have fished in 565 r a fair bit last year...when it has full clears n bimi on its awesome ,without clears on it feels like different boat.
You can fish 3 comfortable and good at rest.

Only reason id go alloy would less horse power cheaper to run n tow and they have great hard tops being made.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:40 pm

bowl wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:03 pm
Only reason id go alloy would less horse power cheaper to run n tow and they have great hard tops being made.
I agree. I love my HH, but my next boat will hopefully be a plate alloy. I really like the look of the Surtees 540 Workmate hardtop. There are some really good features on it, and some of the optional extras are well thought out IMO.

Or another Haines Hunter :nw:
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Robbie1950

Post by Robbie1950 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:00 pm

bowl wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:03 pm
Screenshot_20200411-170236.pngI have fished in 565 r a fair bit last year...when it has full clears n bimi on its awesome ,without clears on it feels like different boat.
You can fish 3 comfortable and good at rest.

How's she handle the chop mate? Nice and soft ride?

Robbie1950

Post by Robbie1950 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:52 pm
I'd go the stabi. Safer than the other boats. Setup well for fishing, Alloy so way less maintenance and will last longer than a fiberglass boat. Probably better resale value as well.

Cheers, Anth
Haines Hunters are always great resellers. I actually cant find one 565R thats second hand for sale and there is only one 565 Offsore that is for sale in Australia. Stabi looks great too no doubt, but would love to have feedback from someone who's taken one for a bust or even a bar crusher as i assume they would ride similar.

Return to “Boating”