Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Boat ramp etiquette

Post by Lightningx » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:19 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:15 pm
I was at StKilda boat ramp yesterday and was amazed that people had actually parked their trailers in the tie-up departure bays. Whoever you were, you might have saved yourself $14 by not parking in the designated parking area, but you made everyone else's day that little bit more difficult you tight ar$ed selfish knobs.
There was also another thoughtful soul that cleaned his catch on the jetty for everyone to walk in whilst they got aboard their boats.
I can forgive all those people that left their headlights on whilst on the ramp and even the guy that blocked all ramp access whilst tying his boat down...but if you leave your trailer in the departure bays again, I'll be writing a note across your windscreen in surfboard wax.
Public Holidays during snapper season...happy days!
That’s the way mate!
That’s just soooo inconsiderate of others!
Cheers 👍🏻

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Some people are just totally ignorant of everything going on around them.

One time when i still had my tinny i was going to use the small craft ramp at Werribee, the last one at the end. As i always did. But this dumb arse was sitting there in his car with a jet ski on the trailer while he was on the phone to someone. So not only was he making me wait for a different ramp, he was also holding up the next person who could have used the ramp i was forced to take.

I do give people some benefit of the doubt. Not everyone uses their boat a lot and it can be a stressful and intimidating procedure. But that doesnt mean people can just do what they want and be complete dicks. We are living in a society!
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Mattblack wrote:
I was at StKilda boat ramp yesterday and was amazed that people had actually parked their trailers in the tie-up departure bays. Whoever you were, you might have saved yourself $14 by not parking in the designated parking area, but you made everyone else's day that little bit more difficult you tight ar$ed selfish knobs.
There was also another thoughtful soul that cleaned his catch on the jetty for everyone to walk in whilst they got aboard their boats.
I can forgive all those people that left their headlights on whilst on the ramp and even the guy that blocked all ramp access whilst tying his boat down...but if you leave your trailer in the departure bays again, I'll be writing a note across your windscreen in surfboard wax.
Just put a chain and padlock through the wheel and around the trailer

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Mattblack wrote:
If it was a ford station wagon the p**** did the same last November

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:06 am

sandef wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:08 pm
Mattblack wrote:
If it was a ford station wagon the p**** did the same last November
Typical Ford driver eh? ;-)

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Any more than 4 mins on a ramp whether you are on your own or whatever the size of boat and you need to hand in your licence and sell your boat .
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am

Tackleberry wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:32 pm
Any more than 4 mins on a ramp whether you are on your own or whatever the size of boat and you need to hand in your licence and sell your boat .

I'd agree if the licence had anything to do with loading or launching a boat - when you think about it to get a licence you don't need to see a boat - touch a boat or launch a boat

maybe launching and retrieving should be part of the licencing process
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:41 am

cheaterparts wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am
Tackleberry wrote:

I'd agree if the licence had anything to do with loading or launching a boat - when you think about it to get a licence you don't need to see a boat - touch a boat or launch a boat

I don't mind people taking their time or making mistakes as long as they are making an effort & being considerate to others.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:15 am

No such Problems Yesterday, Had the Ramp to Myself.
so i drove down the middle of the two launching lanes and took my own sweet time doing everything.
was ******* Great!!!!

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am
Tackleberry wrote:

Agreed I also think that you should not even be allowed to tow a 6x4 trailer unless you have an endorsement on your licence and part of that test should be if you cannot back as 6x4 in a figure-eight you fail
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Return to “Boating”