Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 pm
smile0784 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:34 pm
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 am
Lightningx wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm
What a nightmare! My mate always brings everything without me even saying. If it's a night session he will bring dinner, drinks. Day lunch water, all bait and burley and helps wash and pack the boat so I can't complain.
I need a deckie like that.
So.do I lol
Must admit mines pretty good. The other night he brought a nice home cooked meal with a cold beverage followed by hot coffee. When we get back to the ramp he always helps with everything. Couldn’t ask for a better deckie :P brought all the bait and burley as well and had new rigs already made for the trip prior.
Pretty good mate
Mine always offer to bring bait and pay for fuel and drive the trailer out for me.
1 of my deckies drinks a.burner and frying pan and cooks up hot noodles and soup etc
Sounds like you have a good one too mate :thumbsup:

Ivans
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Deckie etiquette/rules

Post by Ivans » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:35 pm

I need a good deckie
Know how to reverse trailer
know how to fish
proactive attitude
Know a thing or two about boating
Anyone knows anyone please pm cheers

JoDirt

Post by JoDirt » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:14 pm

Hi guys. Yes I know this is an old thread but maybe after a few years it worth revisiting. I agree with a lot of things mentioned, as it’s a big cost and responsiblity being the “boat owner”, and we all want to have a fun day out and catch some fish, but we are also responsible for everyone getting home safely to there family, and I think some times people don’t fully understand that.
If the captain says pack up, then pack up. Don’t argue, whinge or complain. Just do it. He sat the test, brought the boat, and he is the one who will be in the sh$t if anything happens.
Cheers

maxmikoo

Post by maxmikoo » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:22 pm

JoDirt wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:14 pm
Hi guys. Yes I know this is an old thread but maybe after a few years it worth revisiting. I agree with a lot of things mentioned, as it’s a big cost and responsiblity being the “boat owner”, and we all want to have a fun day out and catch some fish, but we are also responsible for everyone getting home safely to there family, and I think some times people don’t fully understand that.
If the captain says pack up, then pack up. Don’t argue, whinge or complain. Just do it. He sat the test, brought the boat, and he is the one who will be in the sh$t if anything happens.
Cheers

Hey Jo,
You sound like you know what your on about and this is the most recent response to a boating thread i could find. I'm 18 years old having both my drivers and marine license, i'm confident in and around both water and a boat and have been out in sone pretty hazardous conditions. Now my dad and i have finally after years of waiting to fix our old broken tinny pulled the trigger on buying a 4.75 steber to use fishing in ppb. After all this he thinks he won't be able to take it out much and I need sone advice on how to convince him to let me take it out myself. I've of course agreed to take it out on a few trips where i'm fully in charge and he watches over the process to ensure i'm capable but he's pretty firm on it being "a long while" until he's ready for me to take it out. And no it's not an expensive boat, my safety is his concern not the money. Any advice on how to know all i can and prove it would be appreciated.
Cheers Max

Return to “Boating”