Boat seat suggestions?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Boat seat suggestions?

Post by smile0784 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Bugatti wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
nmgar wrote:I can recommend the AXIS H%@ flip up seats.
https://www.chsmith.com.au/Products/Axi ... Seats.html

Expensive but very comfortable.
Bit too rich for.my pocket ATM lol
Lightningx wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:The last thing I would want to put on my boat are cheap seats.

It's about the only thing on a boat that offers comfort (other than a cabin). Your ass and back will regret those cheap seats every time you get in the boat.
What's your idea of a cheap seat?
Plastic ones that are like MCG seats lol
Lol or like the ones inside rod laver arena...

I think another word we are looking for is "Cost effective" and "affordable"

I wish I had one of these
tap-money.jpg

But I don't.

Yes, generally, the more you pay, the more comfortable they are, no disputing that. But some of us have a set amount of disposable income, some of us even less than that. We would all love "better than what we can afford", but financial sensibility dictates to us differently.

Mr smile0784, I'd use the BB method , , , , the "Bugatti Buttocks" method. Sit on it, if your Buttocks and Back are fine with it AND your wallet is fine with it too , , , , the rest is easy

Keep in mind, some people sit on the couch, wishing they could afford a boat. We are all in different financial situations and hopefully make sensible but unfortunately, at times, hard decisions with that in mind..

Cheers, Bugatti
Good points there mate

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:25 pm

If you look at the ch smith site, you can get similar seats to the ones you linked to for cheaper than the eBay prices.... AND pick them up from Fairfield....

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon May 25, 2020 6:31 am

Removed last post "bot" ?
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

andreww

Post by andreww » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:42 am

Not those two types but I use Seamander's Captain Bucket Seat, We replaced our wide captains bench with this seat. I love the fold in booster. Makes it very easy to see over peoples heads when they're sitting on the drivers side of pontoon. Slim design makes navigating around the chair to the back of the boat very easy. Good quality material colors were perfect.

garyroe

Post by garyroe » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:32 pm

I bought Millennium Marine B100 Boat Seat for my boat. I use them in my fishing boat AND my duck boat. I can sit in this chair in soaking wet waders and still have some air flow. Between the kids, dogs, hunting partners, pressure washer, snow, ice, rain, heat, freezing temps and generally all around ROUGH life in a duck boat, this seat has yet to miss a beat. Its used as a step getting in and out of the boat carrying way more weight than we should and it has yet to stretch out even a little bit. I bought mine based on a recommendation from a spoonbill fishing guide that changed all his seats out to these, and I recommend them to everyone I meet now too.
https://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/best-boat-seats/

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:21 am

I have been looking at the same seats as Lightning posted, i am hoping that they will allow me to stand and drive even though i have a runabout, or at least sit on the folded up bit and sit a bit more comfortably that my current seats. Also quickly accessing the helm while docking or changing positions would be great.
I am also looking at replacing the pedestals with one of those SS frames that allow you to put an esky under the seat but i havent measured anything yet to see how it would fit (i have an under floor storage box in between the driver and passenger seat).

This is not an important project though, getting a new trailer is my main thing at the moment. Hopefully it will be ready to pick up in the next couple of weeks. :-D
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

LakinZ

Post by LakinZ » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:44 pm

If you’re looking for a portable yet durable seat that will let you sit in your boat comfortably for hours, this Attwood boat seat is the best choice for you. It offers all the essentials of jon boat seats and can help prevent back pain and other issues. Even though the frame is plastic, it’s durable and solid. The seat is also outfitted with two weather-resistant cushions upholstered in camouflage-patterned material.

Return to “Boating”