Portarlington boat ramp

Nude up
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: Bellarine peninsula
Has liked: 242 times
Likes received: 478 times

Portarlington boat ramp

Post by Nude up » Sat May 14, 2022 9:47 am

Just a reminder the point richards Rd boat ramp will close on Monday the 16th for 3 months while they put the new rock groyne in.
Queenscliff boat ramp is at least a month away from opening as well

denis barden
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:01 am
Location: St Leonards Vic
Likes received: 392 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by denis barden » Sat May 14, 2022 11:05 am

Had a sticky nose at the Queenscliff ramp a few days ago.
Hum, my thought would be mid to late September to reopen
I hope im wrong as the Monster squid start to arrive the start of August

Nude up
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: Bellarine peninsula
Has liked: 242 times
Likes received: 478 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by Nude up » Sat May 14, 2022 12:48 pm

denis barden wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:05 am
Had a sticky nose at the Queenscliff ramp a few days ago.
Hum, my thought would be mid to late September to reopen
I hope im wrong as the Monster squid start to arrive the start of August
Must go and have a look myself . Question Dennis I have never launched my boat at St leonards it's a 650 haines I have always thought it a bit shallow for my boat what do you think

denis barden
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:01 am
Location: St Leonards Vic
Likes received: 392 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by denis barden » Sat May 14, 2022 1:01 pm

You be ok but you must use the 2 Ramps the Portarlington side not the Queenscliff side

User avatar
Andrews
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Location: Bellarine Peninsula
Has liked: 197 times
Likes received: 500 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by Andrews » Mon May 16, 2022 7:36 pm

Yeah the work looks solid, BetterBoating posted a drone photo on Instagram earlier this month, great progress!

Have the mentioned when they're doing St Leonards boat ramp? I swear I heard that some money was allocated.
Amateur EGI Fisherman / Sponsors: Yamashita / Gomexus - Check out my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am
Has liked: 6 times
Likes received: 643 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by 4liters » Mon May 16, 2022 7:47 pm

Andrews wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:36 pm
Yeah the work looks solid, BetterBoating posted a drone photo on Instagram earlier this month, great progress!

Have the mentioned when they're doing St Leonards boat ramp? I swear I heard that some money was allocated.
Probably wouldn't make sense to start tearing it up while the other main ramps on the Bellarine are out of action.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

User avatar
Andrews
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Location: Bellarine Peninsula
Has liked: 197 times
Likes received: 500 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by Andrews » Tue May 17, 2022 8:35 am

4liters wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:47 pm
Andrews wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:36 pm
Yeah the work looks solid, BetterBoating posted a drone photo on Instagram earlier this month, great progress!

Have the mentioned when they're doing St Leonards boat ramp? I swear I heard that some money was allocated.
Probably wouldn't make sense to start tearing it up while the other main ramps on the Bellarine are out of action.
Completely agree, had a quick look at the reason it sounded familiar was because there was recently a consultation period in April, and from that money allocated (off memory).

Pulled directly from BetterBoating,

Recreational boaters, fishers and members of the broader community were invited to complete a survey to enable us to better understand the issues and concerns that need to be considered in April, 2022. The results of that survey will be released and further updates provided as the project progresses to the design phase.
Amateur EGI Fisherman / Sponsors: Yamashita / Gomexus - Check out my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/

Nude up
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: Bellarine peninsula
Has liked: 242 times
Likes received: 478 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by Nude up » Thu May 19, 2022 4:53 pm

I went Monday they blocked the road off and started excavating the sand where the rock groyne starts I went down today. They are getting a move on the old original pier has been removed and truck after truck has been delivering rocks. The groyne will be wide enough for an excavator to come and dredge the entrance. It will become another landbased fishing spot
Attachments
16529431750712.jpg
16529431540811.jpg
16529431303870.jpg

fishnut
Rank: Snapper
Rank: Snapper
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 pm
Location: Altona meadows
Has liked: 24 times
Likes received: 182 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by fishnut » Thu May 19, 2022 7:48 pm

Good news all around as long as they don't shut st.leonards at the same time

Nude up
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: Bellarine peninsula
Has liked: 242 times
Likes received: 478 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by Nude up » Thu May 19, 2022 8:53 pm

fishnut wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:48 pm
Good news all around as long as they don't shut st.leonards at the same time
We can only hope they are not that dumb.

Post Reply

Return to “Boating”