looking at boats

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm
Has liked: 491 times
Likes received: 837 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by purple5ive » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:53 am

e.welch wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:55 am
I’ll speak to my friend about maybe getting the tinny but he gets a bit sea sick it’s not real bad but if the boats constantly rocking he might get sick that’s all I was told fiberglasses are more stable
best thing to do first then is to go and hire a boat from the mornington boat hire place and see if this is what you guys want, can handle and are happy to fish out of.
they have tinnies, and also polycraft boats(very stable)
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

e.welch
Rank: Snapper
Rank: Snapper
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:46 am
Has liked: 164 times
Likes received: 125 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by e.welch » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:35 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:53 am
e.welch wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:55 am
I’ll speak to my friend about maybe getting the tinny but he gets a bit sea sick it’s not real bad but if the boats constantly rocking he might get sick that’s all I was told fiberglasses are more stable
best thing to do first then is to go and hire a boat from the mornington boat hire place and see if this is what you guys want, can handle and are happy to fish out of.
they have tinnies, and also polycraft boats(very stable)
We might have to thanks purple that’s a great idea

User avatar
VooDoo
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Rain Forest Over The Rainbow
Has liked: 160 times
Likes received: 186 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by VooDoo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:50 pm

If memory serve me right, you are still in high school right @ e.welch?

Assuming your friend is also of a similar age, then would it be advisable for you to purchase a boat?

From memory, you mentioned you are being uber to and from fishing spots by your parents, then how are you guys going to tow the boats around? Hope your friend can drive.

Of course one can purchase a boat if and when he desired but owning a boat will brings with it A LOT of responsibility - for your safety first but also for others. Don't forget the ongoing costs of maintenance and ensuring the boat is safe to take out. Trust me, i am learning it the hard way right now :-D

If you forge ahead with the idea, do give Polycraft a consideration - stable at rest and the hull solid. Look at the old Tuffy. There's a good chance you can get one within your budget.

Best of luck :tu:
___________________________

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

e.welch
Rank: Snapper
Rank: Snapper
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:46 am
Has liked: 164 times
Likes received: 125 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by e.welch » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:07 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:50 pm
If memory serve me right, you are still in high school right @ e.welch?

Assuming your friend is also of a similar age, then would it be advisable for you to purchase a boat?

From memory, you mentioned you are being uber to and from fishing spots by your parents, then how are you guys going to tow the boats around? Hope your friend can drive.

Of course one can purchase a boat if and when he desired but owning a boat will brings with it A LOT of responsibility - for your safety first but also for others. Don't forget the ongoing costs of maintenance and ensuring the boat is safe to take out. Trust me, i am learning it the hard way right now :-D

If you forge ahead with the idea, do give Polycraft a consideration - stable at rest and the hull solid. Look at the old Tuffy. There's a good chance you can get one within your budget.

Best of luck :tu:
My friend is my mums boyfriend/boss so he can drive and do a lot of things I can’t do on my own so me being in highschool doesn’t matter I will mainly drive the boat/ clean up afterwards etc

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 241 times
Likes received: 395 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by bowl » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:10 pm

Been out in the ocean many a time in boat same this.
Screenshot_20210318-210818.png
MEGA RED!!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

User avatar
VooDoo
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Rain Forest Over The Rainbow
Has liked: 160 times
Likes received: 186 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by VooDoo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:42 pm

e.welch wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:07 pm

My friend is my mums boyfriend/boss so he can drive and do a lot of things I can’t do on my own so me being in highschool doesn’t matter I will mainly drive the boat/ clean up afterwards etc
That's the best outcome having an adult family member to guide you into boating.

Good luck with purchase :gj: :tu:
___________________________

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

User avatar
yepi'mon
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: South East
Has liked: 33 times
Likes received: 60 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by yepi'mon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 pm

bowl wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Been out in the ocean many a time in boat same this.Screenshot_20210318-210818.png
What groups that in Bowl?

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 241 times
Likes received: 395 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by bowl » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:17 am

yepi'mon wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 pm
bowl wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Been out in the ocean many a time in boat same this.Screenshot_20210318-210818.png
What groups that in Bowl?
Fb marketplace.
MEGA RED!!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

User avatar
yepi'mon
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: South East
Has liked: 33 times
Likes received: 60 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by yepi'mon » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:47 am

bowl wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:17 am
yepi'mon wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 pm
bowl wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Been out in the ocean many a time in boat same this.Screenshot_20210318-210818.png
What groups that in Bowl?
Fb marketplace.
Thanks mate

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 241 times
Likes received: 395 times

Re: looking at boats

Post by bowl » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:08 pm

Good price
Screenshot_20210328-160628.png
MEGA RED!!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

Post Reply

Return to “Boating”