Webdock pinkies

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Webdock pinkies

Post by Kenle » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:39 am

Just a quick report since I haven't contributed Jack for this forum in a while. Saturday night I went for a quick few hr session off webdock as I heard there's been some good pinkies caught and ppl were bagging out. Place was quite busy and everyone there already lifting pinkies out as I was searching for a small spot to set up 2 rods. Lucky an old Lebanese man offered me a spot as he was packing up since he had already reached his bag limit. The man was even kind enough to offer me his left over bait which I managed to replicate his result in short time. I bagged out in 2 hrs and had a stranded whiting in the mix, pinkies all ranged between 30-34cm whiting was 37cm, gave 3 away to a man that was struggling to catch even 1 for a feed. Rigs used was double drop with size 1/0 gama octopus, 7 foot rod with 15lb braid linked with 20lb mono. 4oz snapper sinker and bait was pilchard. Didnt even have to cast far, they were everywhere. Goodluck if those of you are gonna try your luck, remember to keep the spot clean, there are too many fishing trash left behind and I always try to clean up after. :ch: :wt:
Attachments
20220411_024830_copy_1271x2822.jpg

denis barden

Re: Webdock pinkies

Post by denis barden » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Good stuff Kenie
If you leave the place in a mess you wount be Fishin there any more

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:17 am

denis barden wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:13 pm
Good stuff Kenie
If you leave the place in a mess you wount be Fishin there any more
Bring your rubbish home or "fushin" for you. :rf:

Finally you found the letter I. :tu:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:35 am

you know its a good feed when they don't even fit in the pot :bn: :rf: :ch:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:29 am

Good stuff kenie!
Nice session 😃
Cheers 👍🏻

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:47 pm

Great outing there mate.
In case anyone here needs some motivation.
You cannot get any a time better than NOW to learn how to use soft plastics to catch fish. These pinkies are a great confidence booster to people just starting out or to get some practice under your belt.
They are almost all over PPB now, so get into em and have some fun.
Cheers

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:56 pm

web-docks-giggity.jpg

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:09 am

Kenle wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:39 am
Just a quick report since I haven't contributed Jack for this forum in a while. Saturday night I went for a quick few hr session off webdock as I heard there's been some good pinkies caught and ppl were bagging out. Place was quite busy and everyone there already lifting pinkies out as I was searching for a small spot to set up 2 rods. Lucky an old Lebanese man offered me a spot as he was packing up since he had already reached his bag limit. The man was even kind enough to offer me his left over bait which I managed to replicate his result in short time. I bagged out in 2 hrs and had a stranded whiting in the mix, pinkies all ranged between 30-34cm whiting was 37cm, gave 3 away to a man that was struggling to catch even 1 for a feed. Rigs used was double drop with size 1/0 gama octopus, 7 foot rod with 15lb braid linked with 20lb mono. 4oz snapper sinker and bait was pilchard. Didnt even have to cast far, they were everywhere. Goodluck if those of you are gonna try your luck, remember to keep the spot clean, there are too many fishing trash left behind and I always try to clean up after. :ch: :wt:
How do I get to web dock mate?
I know it's off old willy road

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:41 am

fishnut wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:09 am
Kenle wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:39 am
How do I get to web dock mate?
I know it's off old willy road
Just google up Sandridge lookout.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:35 am

:tu: Thx sebb

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”