Campbells Cove

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
intercooledpc2
Has liked: 2 times

Campbells Cove

Post by intercooledpc2 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:48 am

Hi folks,

Is it worth fishing land based at Campbells Cove or is it just to shallow? I'm thinking a 12ft surf road with a Happy Gilmore cast. I'm not too keen to wade out.

Thanks,
Dave

Sebb
Has liked: 3007 times

Re: Campbells Cove

Post by Sebb » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:10 pm

intercooledpc2 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:48 am
Hi folks,

Is it worth fishing land based at Campbells Cove or is it just to shallow? I'm thinking a 12ft surf road with a Happy Gilmore cast. I'm not too keen to wade out.

Thanks,
Dave
Mostly very shallow there. I go there on a kayak quite often and it's a good paddle before it reaches to 2-3m.
Within casting distance be like 0.5-1m, depends on tide.

I heard there's good landbased spot there (turn right instead of left) and rocks. Not sure where that is though, and not sure how deep.

Wyndham rockwall is probably better for landbased. Mouth of Werribee river too, saw people caught good flatties there.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

intercooledpc2
Has liked: 2 times

Post by intercooledpc2 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:50 pm

Thanks for the advice Sebb. I'm thinking to soak some baits after work this afternoon, I might head to the Wyndham rock wall in that case. Hopefully not too much weed following the recent rain.

Sebb
Has liked: 3007 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:16 pm

intercooledpc2 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:50 pm
Thanks for the advice Sebb. I'm thinking to soak some baits after work this afternoon, I might head to the Wyndham rock wall in that case. Hopefully not too much weed following the recent rain.
East wind and rain the past few days, I reckon be a bit dirty.
I caught a snapper in that condition though. Just hard to fish, gotta check the bait often, etc.
Good luck!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:26 am

It's a pity you won't wade out because at low tide you can walk right out to where it starts to drop off, a good place to cast plastics for flathead. The spot to the right is at the end of the track, park your car and walk along the track till you come to the water, probably 300mtrs walk. It's only a coulpe of meters deep but you can see the brocken ground and weed patches within casting distance, great spot for KGW and Gummies

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”