barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Is Fishing Allowed under newest lockdown measures

Post by barra mick » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:03 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:24 am
Bugatti wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:16 am
......unfortunately, my family's entitlement to feeling and being safe doesn't seem to be one that some people concider....
Ask someone in those long lines outside Centrelink offices and I think they would beg to differ. An awful lot of people's livelihood have been sacrificed already in order to make your family feel 'safe'. Instead of virtue signalling, try to understand that someone fishing and empty stretch of river or bay isn't the issue far as your safety is concerned. The real issue has always been the thousands of people pouring in via airports and ships without so much as having their temperature taken. Australia doesn't need to be under house arrest FFS, isolate the infected and those at most risk and let the rest get on with it.
That's so true...and very simple.

Ask somebody 150 deep in tbe line at centre link what they think about losing there job.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:26 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:19 pm
I’ll probably take my kayak out for a squid session not using any public ramp and staying close to shore sometime next week unless the situation changes rapidly.

The drive will be less than 15min will not use ramp facilities
Your biggest risk will be from those dog walkers and joggers that go past you as you are setting up, whilst they cast glances at you for not understanding the concept of you not staying at home

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:55 pm

barra mick wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:03 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:24 am
Bugatti wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:16 am
Seems entitlement takes many forms, some people feel "entitled" to do as they please.

They feel entitled to:

* float the rules on social distancing.
* go to a beach with their friends when it is not an essential activity AND ignore Government requests to stay home
* disregard someone who is being cautious and come right up to them.
* not wash their hands because they don't see the need (or just don't care) and we touch what they do.
* not self isolate when required to.
* and one insidious aspect , , , , the notion of "I've got it, so I don't care who I give it to".

I mean look at this guy in Adelaide yesterday (or the day before), being arrested/detained by Police and he didn't like it, so he spat at a Police Officer.

Spitting.JPG

, , , , unfortunately, my family's (and everyone's families) are entitlement to feel and be safe doesn't seem to be one that some people consider

You can find many reasons to go out of the house , , , , but how about 24.6 million reasons not to go out

Cheers Bugatti (who is one of the 24.6 million)

Please note: getting out SENSIBLY for mental well-being, in my opinion is justified.
Ask someone in those long lines outside Centrelink offices and I think they would beg to differ. An awful lot of people's livelihood have been sacrificed already in order to make your family feel 'safe'. Instead of virtue signalling, try to understand that someone fishing and empty stretch of river or bay isn't the issue far as your safety is concerned. The real issue has always been the thousands of people pouring in via airports and ships without so much as having their temperature taken. Australia doesn't need to be under house arrest FFS, isolate the infected and those at most risk and let the rest get on with it.
That's so true...and very simple.

Ask somebody 150 deep in tbe line at centre link what they think about losing there job.

Stumpjumper, barr mick, after reading your replies, I re-read my post and I realise I hadn't made my point clear. So I edited it and also inserted it here.

Firstly, I wasn't referencing "entitlement" to income support, that is definitely needed in a huge way. Nor was I being ignorant and only meaning "my" family. That was metaphorical for all our families.

I was referencing the blatant disregard, not the outings for someone to stop going stir crazy and equally not the outings for someone to get respite from the dismal situation most of us are in (yes, I am one of those with out work as a result of all of this, and in financial duress)

I'm not sure about the "modelling" they talk about, or best strategies to combat this virus. But the immense suffering (financial, personal, emotional) would be futile if those that can stay home but don't because of simple disregard and self entitlement , , , , and the result the Government is trying to achieve doesn't happen.

And as I have said in previous posts , , , , a trip to the Supermarket is as essential to physical well-being as a trip out to achieve mental well-being. But I'd say a fair few are exploiting that (not for mental well-being) but for their own selfish fun with disregard to the bigger picture.

I'm not derogating the legitimate ones.

We have to fend off the virus as equally as we have to fend off the black dog.

Regards, Bugs

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:21 pm

westvic
Has liked: 155 times

Post by westvic » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:52 pm

My 2cents.......yes at this point you are not banned from going fishing, it isn't against the law. However FFS people how many times do you have to be told if you don't have to go out of your home then don't. I would have thought that is pretty plain and simple.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Can we spare the silly analogy about going to the servo, touching everything, coughing on the servo operator, then the car breaks down and you get the breakdown person sick because you’re a carrier or you passed the germs to him. Then you went out and put Coastguard at risk because you were out all on your own and they would naturally have to rescue you, Because.
And of course you will use the cleaning facilities to fillet your fish and leave the stinking remains all over the place, then you'll do the right thing and throw your old rubbish in the bin that’s going to contaminate the collectors (which of course you won’t do at home or in the shopping centre).
You hop in the car, stop for smokes, touch stuff, cough on everyone.
Did I miss anything :lol:
So due to fear and ignorance people are shaming, condemning and judging others for going out.
With the way some people on here and social media are carrying on in such a hysterical frenzy, I would not be surprised if someone was attacked at the boat ramp or pier, or their trailer and/car was vandalized.

Ok, so I probably won’t be going out, but to those who do go.
Enjoy and stay safe and maintain social distancing and other guidelines.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:53 pm

FishnMiss wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:35 pm

So due to fear and ignorance people are shaming, condemning and judging others for going out.
With the way some people on here and social media are carrying on in such a hysterical frenzy

Hey, look at this , , , , I found some fearful and ignorant people , , , , carrying on in such a hysterical frenzy

Frenzy 1.JPG

Frenzy 2.JPG

Frenzy 3.JPG

Frenzy 4.JPG

FishnMiss wrote:

Did I miss anything

Yes, you definitely missed something

Regards, Bugatti

johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Post by johnnycjay » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 pm

2 types of people currently.

Those who can follow simple instructions and those that can't.

Not sure how the second type manage to keep a job or survive with such a major defect.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Just listened to this Professor Dr Jayanta Bhattacharya of Stanford in USA make some excellent points worth listening to, so we can move forward
https://www.facebook.com/20380506299026 ... 447665859/
The infectious rate may be actually lower than Flu
And by the way my reference to how people shame etc was based on ignorant people blindly following the herd on here and social media and are afraid, panicked, which I understand(I'm not talking about Medical experts) but that doesn't make it right for you to Demonise others even when they are not putting others at risk.
But hey keep following the herd & keep flogging others, if that makes you feel safe and superior.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:43 pm

FishnMiss wrote:
Can we spare the silly analogy about going to the servo, touching everything, coughing on the servo operator, then the car breaks down and you get the breakdown person sick because you’re a carrier or you passed the germs to him. Then you went out and put Coastguard at risk because you were out all on your own and they would naturally have to rescue you, Because.
And of course you will use the cleaning facilities to fillet your fish and leave the stinking remains all over the place, then you'll do the right thing and throw your old rubbish in the bin that’s going to contaminate the collectors (which of course you won’t do at home or in the shopping centre).
You hop in the car, stop for smokes, touch stuff, cough on everyone.
Did I miss anything :lol:
With the way some people on here and social media are carrying on in such a hysterical frenzy, I would not be surprised if someone was attacked at the boat ramp or pier, or their trailer and/car was vandalized.

Ok, so I probably won’t be going out, but to those who do go.
Enjoy and stay safe and maintain social distancing and other guidelines.
Pretty much.... As for vandalism, trailers yesterday were unhitched, hitch pins punched out, amongst other things by someone. Mind you, when I was in the area from 5-10am, there was a total of 20 trailers. 20. In launching way with that large carpark. Some absolute hypocritical cumstain of a supposed human has needlessly left their home, infected the private property of others with all their germs and viruses and tampered with it, put other peoples lives at even more risk than what they could've spitting sars-cov2 infected saliva droplets at people and has likely returned home, smug as all **** at teaching 20 boat owners for going out (literally solo or at worst was quite obviously 1 family).

Absolutely zero evidence of abuse or condemnation of the roughly 100 people who walked or rode past me in those 5 hours....

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”