Hi all

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Tazz
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Hi all

Post by Tazz » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:22 pm

IMG_20221219_145901_032~3.jpg
Yes mate I did, kind of. In clear water I absolutely love my soft plastics. In crazy colours, flouro pink and flouro green. Both are great on reddies and trout. Actually like white on the Yellowbellly. But in dirty water I like the hards with a rattle or a spinner type with a minnow body and spinner blade. I tried to show the one I used but my picture came as too large! I find in dirty the noise and water displacement of that type gives them something to zero in on rather than a colour. In clear I find colour is the candy, dirty the rattle and water displacement is the go. Was all against me today though, clear skies, sun. Wanted to get out earlier. Even though the barometer was rising and light winds. Love cloud cover, light wind, rising barometer and mid temps. Dont care about water clarity too much as I said one works and then another does. Caught some of my best trout in absolute crap water colour on rattle hards. But I still love to death softs in clear dropped deep. 👍👍👍 On reds and trout.
Ok got the post pictures, any awards for tiniest fish here? :-D

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:12 am

Welcome to the forum!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:49 am

Tazz wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:22 pm
IMG_20221219_145901_032~3.jpgYes mate I did, kind of. In clear water I absolutely love my soft plastics. In crazy colours, flouro pink and flouro green. Both are great on reddies and trout. Actually like white on the Yellowbellly. But in dirty water I like the hards with a rattle or a spinner type with a minnow body and spinner blade. I tried to show the one I used but my picture came as too large! I find in dirty the noise and water displacement of that type gives them something to zero in on rather than a colour. In clear I find colour is the candy, dirty the rattle and water displacement is the go. Was all against me today though, clear skies, sun. Wanted to get out earlier. Even though the barometer was rising and light winds. Love cloud cover, light wind, rising barometer and mid temps. Dont care about water clarity too much as I said one works and then another does. Caught some of my best trout in absolute crap water colour on rattle hards. But I still love to death softs in clear dropped deep. 👍👍👍 On reds and trout.
Ok got the post pictures, any awards for tiniest fish here? :-D
Haha
Nice little redfin. What lure is that?
I've never seen a vibe with a blade before.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:58 am

iv seen them at trellys

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:30 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:58 am
iv seen them at trellys
Do you know the name?

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:46 pm

I can't find it on the online store, I will have a look at the name next time I go to trellys.

Tazz
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Tazz » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:51 pm

I can't recall its name. I got several in Bendigo at army disposal as well as many others in hards. They had a big sale on line and lures at the time a out 7 yrs ago. I reckon I spent 50 bucks and got easy 250 bucks plus worth.
Was a great sale. I did get a few Sebile hards for just $5. Red and blacks. They have been great. Shallow divers, red colour with black stripes. Reddies love em. That I showed I got also some I think are trout colour. They have a good weight and cast right out. On retrieve a good pull, better than some other spins I have. So I think they have a good stong action if you get my drift. It feels like others have a bit of weed on them. Ill post a picture of the other pattern tomorrow. As well as the Sebiles. I do like the Sebiles.
The last sale I was lucky to be at was in Ballarat about 10? Yrs ago. Was a fishing and gun shop.
It was crazy. I brought the shops rod holder rack they had there for 5 bucks, packets of softs for $2, hards for $2, line the same and even my misses was with me and they had glass fish ornaments. She said, I like them are they for sale? Answer, yep make an offer. She got 3 for $6. Easy worth 20 to 30 each. Shame they closed as it had been there for ages and the guys there fished and were pretty switched on.
Right places at the right time.👍

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:31 pm

What a bargain.
Good on you.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:09 pm

Welcome to the forum mate!

Theres a few companies that make a spinner like that but that one looks like a blue fox super vibrax to me
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

McGOOLEY
Has liked: 71 times

Post by McGOOLEY » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:54 pm

From one newbie to another, welcome, good luck and may the fish be with you, cheers :wt:

Return to “Introductions”