Hello all - lots to learn...

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Donok
Has liked: 1 time

Hello all - lots to learn...

Post by Donok » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi all,

I am from southeast asia on a temporary visa here (1 year left) and hopefully I can make full use of my time here with fishing.

Went Phillip Island today (Cowes and Rhylls Jetty). Cowes was crowded, especially with teenagers jumping off the jetty. Fished for 30 minutes and i went to Rhylls as it was really, too many people and wind was a disaster. Rhylls, in contrast, was peaceful (only 2-3 people max) when i was fishing. I fished for 1 hour and caught myself a pufferfish (?), i released it and also, 1 brown spotted wrasse.

It was rushing for me today as I only bought my fishing gear in the afternoon and the trip to fish was an impromptu one. I consider it successful though, having caught 2 fishes in a span of 1-2 hours.

I am totally new to fishing (tying of knots, fishing gears (what lines, baits are good, good fishing locations especially for newbies like me in victoria etc.). Just a little experience fishing casually with friends in the past back in my home country (Singapore).

Lots to learn and hopefully, looking forward to catching something more exciting next time!! :wt:

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Hello all - lots to learn...

Post by Texas » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:58 pm

:w: donok
I'm more a freshie so, not much help
What suburb do you live in ???
Gra

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:27 am

Welcome mate, you can search through the threads on this forum to find usefull tips that will help you catch more fish. Also don't Forget to buy a fishing license if your over 18. I've seen soo many new fishos getting cautioned and at times fined for not having one. Goodluck and looking forwards to your report

Donok

Post by Donok » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:43 am

Texas wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:58 pm
:w: donok
I'm more a freshie so, not much help
What suburb do you live in ???
Gra
Pakenham

Donok

Post by Donok » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:44 am

Kenle wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:27 am
Welcome mate, you can search through the threads on this forum to find usefull tips that will help you catch more fish. Also don't Forget to buy a fishing license if your over 18. I've seen soo many new fishos getting cautioned and at times fined for not having one. Goodluck and looking forwards to your report
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, bought myself a 3 days licence for $10 for this trip.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:53 am

Welcome to the forum mate!
It’s a great time of the year to be targeting pinkies/snappers.
Looking forward to reading some reports!
Cheers 👍🏻

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 am

Welcome to the forum.
Was a busy weekend being the first weekend after 25km restrictions and regional border removed. Great that you still caught some :tu:
That lake in Pakenham is stocked with fish by the fisheries. Give it a try, can be a great fun to fish there.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Introductions”