Hi there, Just joined

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
Ed..

Hi there, Just joined

Post by Ed.. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Just a quick intro as I have now joined this forum, I originally grew up in Victoria, with the odd 5 years in W.A, came back to to Vic, married and convinced the missus to move up to Queensland after we had kids, been here the last 25 years. In the process of downsizing as we will be doing the Grey Nomad thing in the next 18 months or so. So will have to sell off the boat but will be keeping all my fishing gear as I will be using it whilst traveling.

Only do salt water fishing and my gear ranges from a 50W overhead to a 2500 spinning reel for the light stuff. However when traveling inland I will eventually have to fish the rivers so will bring a range of gear with me in the caravan. I pop down to Melbourne several times a year due to having some family there but usually don't bring any gear with me.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Hi there, Just joined

Post by Sebb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:03 am

Welcome to the forum.
18 months of traveling and fishing, sounds fantastic!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Ed..

Post by Ed.. » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 am

Hi Seb85, Thanks for the welcome but I think you misunderstood, we will be starting the Grey Nomad thing in 12-18 months and when we do it will be for a good many years if all goes to plan and no hiccups. Just have to get our place ready for sale and get rid off all our accumulated possessions, ie: house, boat, wife's car, tools and machinery and do a general cleanup and having 2 acres it will take a while! By then my wife will have quit work and we can start traveling. Stuff we want to keep for when we eventually settle down again will just have to go into storage. At least this will give us an excuse to de-clutter. This "trip" will give a chance to check out areas where we will want to live and eventually settle down again.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am

Ed.. wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 am
Hi Seb85, Thanks for the welcome but I think you misunderstood, we will be starting the Grey Nomad thing in 12-18 months and when we do it will be for a good many years if all goes to plan and no hiccups. Just have to get our place ready for sale and get rid off all our accumulated possessions, ie: house, boat, wife's car, tools and machinery and do a general cleanup and having 2 acres it will take a while! By then my wife will have quit work and we can start traveling. Stuff we want to keep for when we eventually settle down again will just have to go into storage. At least this will give us an excuse to de-clutter. This "trip" will give a chance to check out areas where we will want to live and eventually settle down again.
Aaaahhh yes I misunderstood, ... Clearly, lol. My bad.

Sounds like you have planned it all. Good luck!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

CannonsJS
Has liked: 70 times

Post by CannonsJS » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:09 am

Welcome mate.
Lifestyle change sounds fantastic. Definitely something I want to do one day.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:31 pm

:w: to the forum mate :)

Return to “Introductions”