FishingMad

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: FishingMad

Post by bowl » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:03 am

rb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:05 pm
bowl wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:35 pm
Paying for gps marks is just normalized these days..
Lots of other pro fishos do it Screenshot_20220208-183233.png
What this shows is there’s plenty of sheep. Yes pro anglers network but not to this scale.
Salt guide been doing it for years....it's nothing new
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:51 am

bowl wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:03 am
rb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:05 pm
bowl wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:35 pm
Paying for gps marks is just normalized these days..
Lots of other pro fishos do it Screenshot_20220208-183233.png
What this shows is there’s plenty of sheep. Yes pro anglers network but not to this scale.
Salt guide been doing it for years....it's nothing new
Was referring to any subscription based gps service
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Kestrel
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Kestrel » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:24 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:32 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:12 am
yepi'mon wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:57 pm
rb85 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:14 pm
Have just noticed that fishing vics very own mediamogul has a Ch31 show called fishing mad. Haven’t seen him here for a while but wish him all the best.

Don’t go Hollywood on us Al
I thought you were anti anyone who charged for a gps mark?
I agree with rb85....selling gps marks is a dog act. :dn:
I am Yepi and will withdraw my support immediately if he has a subscription based site flogging off marks.
Gee ... that's a bit tough! We all have skills, knowledge and qualifications that we have used to earn a living. Is Al doing anything different? Anyone can choose to buy or not buy what he has to offer.
Do you think it is wrong for a charter boat fisherman or guide to charge for their services? Or for a bait supplier to sell a box of worms? What's the difference?

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:28 pm

Kestrel wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:24 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:14 pm
Have just noticed that fishing vics very own mediamogul has a Ch31 show called fishing mad. Haven’t seen him here for a while but wish him all the best.

Don’t go Hollywood on us Al
I am Yepi and will withdraw my support immediately if he has a subscription based site flogging off marks.
Gee ... that's a bit tough! We all have skills, knowledge and qualifications that we have used to earn a living. Is Al doing anything different? Anyone can choose to buy or not buy what he has to offer.
Do you think it is wrong for a charter boat fisherman or guide to charge for their services? Or for a bait supplier to sell a box of worms? What's the difference?
No nothing wrong with sharing know how but GPS marks if they are part of the subscription no thanks…
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .

Kestrel
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Kestrel » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:04 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:28 pm
Kestrel wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:

No nothing wrong with sharing know how but GPS marks if they are part of the subscription no thanks…
But isn't a knowledge of GPS marks 'Know how'? The are lots of books that contain GPS marks. Should they not be published? If I (which I sadly haven't) discover great spots to fish and somebody wants to pay a few bucks to get that info, what's wrong with that? Most of us sell our knowledge and skills to make a buck. What's so wrong about selling info about GPS marks?
Cheers
Kestrel

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:06 pm

Kestrel wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:04 pm
rb85 wrote:
Kestrel wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

But isn't a knowledge of GPS marks 'Know how'? The are lots of books that contain GPS marks. Should they not be published? If I (which I sadly haven't) discover great spots to fish and somebody wants to pay a few bucks to get that info, what's wrong with that? Most of us sell our knowledge and skills to make a buck. What's so wrong about selling info about GPS marks?
Cheers
Kestrel
The line gets blurred when others have been fishing the marks as well and it can be a matter of conservation. Whiting marks & snapper marks are most definitely very generic same as those published in books. Other species don't need extra fishing pressure and some of those who have been dedicating a lot of time to fishing and finding areas don't appreciate the extra boat traffic. Om the subject of books & GPS marks I have spoken to a charter operator who had a prominent fishing personality use a hand held GPS when a guest on Charter to publish GPS marks in a local guide. Must be how Dom felt when mulloway marks were posted on Salt Guide.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:19 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:06 pm
Kestrel wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Kestrel wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Cheers
Kestrel
The line gets blurred when others have been fishing the marks as well and it can be a matter of conservation. Whiting marks & snapper marks are most definitely very generic same as those published in books. Other species don't need extra fishing pressure and some of those who have been dedicating a lot of time to fishing and finding areas don't appreciate the extra boat traffic. Om the subject of books & GPS marks I have spoken to a charter operator who had a prominent fishing personality use a hand held GPS when a guest on Charter to publish GPS marks in a local guide. Must be how Dom felt when mulloway marks were posted on Salt Guide.
Do you really believe Gawaine had no prior knowledge of those mulloway marks?

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:47 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:19 pm
rb85 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:06 pm
Kestrel wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Kestrel wrote:

Cheers
Kestrel
Do you really believe Gawaine had no prior knowledge of those mulloway marks?
I wouldn't know going by others suggestion there was a black boat following WP anglers then all of a sudden GPS marks posted. Look up the Wind against tide podcast with Dom.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:57 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:47 pm

I wouldn't know going by others suggestion there was a black boat following WP anglers then all of a sudden GPS marks posted. Look up the Wind against tide podcast with Dom.
Yeah I’ve heard it, doesn’t mean I believe it.

Gawaine has been around a long time and WP isn’t that big a system, especially when you narrow it down to areas that suit Mulloway.

Dom might fish them but I doubt he was the one to find them.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:50 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:57 pm
[quote=rb85 post_id=345192 time=<a href="tel:1644486457">1644486457</a> user_id=15773]

Yeah I’ve heard it, doesn’t mean I believe it.

Gawaine has been around a long time and WP isn’t that big a system, especially when you narrow it down to areas that suit Mulloway.

Dom might fish them but I doubt he was the one to find them.
[/quote]

I do and is there a need to post mulloway marks? If G was in the right why pull the co ordinates from the site.

Return to “Announcements”