Getting the green paint out - Snapperhead

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Getting the green paint out - Snapperhead

Post by saph » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:27 am

John Dory wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:04 am
Cant believe all this talk over an internet mod. Hahaha.
You people are drama queens
long winter and the fact of having posts hidden got everyone on edge with whats going on.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 am

I'm just gonna try to go fishing with Jason.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:34 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:01 am
DougieK wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Again a Policeman : A BIG reason for their "anonymity" is so that they and their families are safe in their personal lives.

It has been bantered a few times before that modes get threatened, even death threats , , , , so anonymity protects them and their family
Regards, Bugatti
You've got to be f'ing kidding me. A few things. Firstly, police wear name tags. Secondly, show me literally any historical example of someone going after the family of a mod on a fishing forum and i'll delete my account. Thirdly, IF you somehow manage to moderate a fishing forum to the point where someone actually comes after your family then you f'd up a long time ago.

You say some colossally stupid things but this is pretty much the best of them.

Dougie, very passionate words, but your comments aren't conducive to a healthy discussion. I believe in one right of reply in the same medium that you have made your statement.

Firstly, I said "anonymity" not total anonymity. Name tags or badge numbers yes, I never said that Police don't. But their private personal details are protected, hence, anonymity of their private personal details - lives. They deal with some serious offenders and need to be insulated of any reprisals by these individuals , , , , I would have thought that was an obvious given.

Secondly, I never said that "someone going after the family of a Mod". I said "so , , , , their families are safe". Example to follow.

Thirdly, a historical example of someone going after a Mod and if that Mod was with a family member at that time, then that family member wouldn't be safe either, as they could get caught up in any reprisal to the Mod. So not "going after family members" as you claim I said but as I said their families to be kept safe too.

EXAMPLE:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:17 pm

"This is the threat cantcatchem sent to me"
What a nasty piece of work you are, get over yourself you self righteous piece of sh*t, I know who you are, where you fish, what boat you ahve and what boat your mates have, I live around the corner from the ramp and will find you and put your head through your hull you ******* coward, **** you dog, just a matter of time ****
Now Dougie, that quote came from this thread viewtopic.php?f=180&t=21656 which was an extension of this locked thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21608&p=284215&hili ... us#p284215

You should know that first thread because you posted on it. And on that thread there was even a mention of possibly the individual being under the influence of ice. Yeah, let's give ice influenced individuals personal information of a Mod, how ridiculous.

So, Dougie, not only was Wolly threatened, if Wolly was with a family member at the ramp and if this individual was "putting Wolly's head through the hull" it stands to reason that that family member is possibly not safe either.

Fourthly Dougie, your comment "You say some colossally stupid things but this is pretty much the best of them", I don't appreciate.

I also don't appreciate "f'ing". That is still swearing, just because you got it through the "Auto-Bot" by spelling it differently, the sentiment of swearing is still there.

Bugatti
tbh if you were this sanctimonious in the last forum I’m not surprised you got chased out
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:00 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:40 am
Damn Dougie..
Dont poke the bear son, unless of course you want a dougie hug!! :tongue:
PS - dougie hug = neck brace

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 am
John Dory wrote:
It's been a long winter mate...be good once the fishing fires up again
Nah **** the fishing gloss man, this is far more entertaining. someone will end up in a neck brace for sure, i hope its FC!! :tongue:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:06 am

245.png
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:10 am

I’ve already gone through a whole bucket bowl. Share some more with me mate :)

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am

fishingvic wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 pm
Dougie, if you don't think there are some Looney-toons capable of this behavior out there, then you are very, very wrong.
I have had one very serious threat from a past member who got himself banned by one of the other Mods.
So much so that he threatened to meet me down at Port Welshpool... plenty of F's and C words thrown in... ( I am sure you get the picture)

Do you think that's fair on me?

What would I say to my 4 year old daughter while walking down the pier having a random stranger attack me????

I can guarantee you I did absolutely nothing to deserve that treatment!
No. Of course you didn't deserve that. Nobody deserves that. I am very very aware of the kind of people you encounter on the internet once in a while. Someone actually threatened to prison rape the 17 year old that I take fishing quite often and it took the mods another fortnight to actually ban him. I've had half a dozen people try to fight me on here. Once I even offered to provide a cage and a referee in case he actually followed through.

Nothing ever EVER comes of it.

You do an excellent job on this forum to the point where it's pretty much the only place I ever post. It is the only fishing forum I actually post on and have been contributing here for nearly 7 years now.

The nature of anonymity and the internet and forums such as this one along with the nature of power is exactly my problem. If the new mod has in fact been on here since 2011 and it's not an inactive account you gave him, then he's been taking for 8 years and not contributed. If it's an alternate account for a long term member then all it takes is a post actually introducing himself. I don't like anonymity because it removes any kind of accountability. If you think the mods are accountable to the admin and not to the people they are moderating that's fine, but what the posters here do is effectively provide content for free. If the new mod is so well respected and a keen fisho then why do they need to be anonymous and why have they not contributed anything.

These are my questions. You don't have to answer them. It's your forum.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:29 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:01 am

As mentioned there are a lot of behind the scenes that we don't see.

Your comments Dougie are quite ironic as it was scathing and negative towards me.

Dougie, you may or may not be aware but another member of this Forum contacted me about you. He thought that with your, then, upcoming trip to the World Championships, that you should get some encouragement by the Fishing Victoria Family, and wanted some help in achieving that, I agreed with him and obliged. But this member was also concerned if it was mentioned, that some members would post negatively, as apparently you have had that in the past with your Martial Arts.

So I thought to make you more comfortable about mentioning it AND to pave a road of acceptance of Martial Arts on this Forum and to try and curtail any negative comments that you sometimes receive, I started a thread "Martial Arts, it can help you too" viewtopic.php?f=71&t=23095

And how ironic, I made an attempt to stop negative comments directed at you (which I think that other member and I, we did achieve just that) and here you are directing negative comments towards me

Bugatti

I'm going to stop responding to you because you have no idea what you're talking about. You've been here since January. People from this forum have been coming to my fights for years. Some of them even train with me. One of them even competes now. I've taught self defence to members children. I've designed conditioning programs for members looking to make the most out of a weeks fishing.

I rarely talk about it because we're on a fishing forum and I don't often feel the need to post about the rest of my life. This is what i do to get away from that.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 am

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:00 am
Sinsemilla wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:40 am
Damn Dougie..
Dont poke the bear son, unless of course you want a dougie hug!! :tongue:
PS - dougie hug = neck brace

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 am
John Dory wrote:
It's been a long winter mate...be good once the fishing fires up again
Nah **** the fishing gloss man, this is far more entertaining. someone will end up in a neck brace for sure, i hope its FC!! :tongue:
Mate if you aren't the one putting people in neck braces keep that little mouth shut..

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:48 am

Threatening on behalf of other members.. You have unbelievably reached a new low

Return to “Announcements”