Sam's Practice session

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Sam's Practice session

Post by JS270 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:55 pm

With Sam and I planning on fishing today being put aside as we were both feeling a bit run down from the hectic week , we decided that a short practice session down at one of our local fields would be good before heading out in the morning for a fish on the western beaches.

Samantha has a Century FMA that has been custom built for here and is paired either to a Daiwa Exceller 4500 or a Shimano Albrid depending on if we are going to fish from the tripod or walk the beach searching for some whitting or Salmon.
Today she was using the Daiwa and casting a float/casting blob so that she could wind in and recast at her own pace. After just brushing up on the basics of balance and looking up Sam got into it with a very please look .

( Samantha starting to load her FMA )

Samantha is a very determined young lady who likes to do things on her own so all I did was run through the basics and left her to her own focus. It was pleasing to see how as she relaxed the distances went up accordingly.

( Sam balanced and looking up at her target area :D )

It was pleasing to see the smile on my daughters face and I am looking forward to the fishing tomorrow , hopefully the fish gods will smile on us. :D

( Samantha relaxed after a short practice session with the old man )

Return to “Surf Fishing”