Re-Open Point Addis to Rec Angler's.

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Re-Open Point Addis to Rec Angler's.

Post by greggo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
greggo wrote:
Fish-cador wrote: Leave Addis as NP. It's too far from me to fish. :rofl:
And once again...you're about as funny as a heart attack. :down:
who says I am trying to be funny?
Just a wild guess...but maybe the smilie you used says it all.

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:54 pm

Fishsniper wrote:most people didn't know the best spot to fish it as it was a small section of the rock that produced the best fishing, the rest just produced snags :thumbsup:
We have had a house at nearby Anglesea since 1985. As a kid, for years I fished the local river, very occasionally the headland at Pt Roadknight. Biggest fish in that time was a 1kg bream.

Around the early 2000s a friend told me the Addis Beach was good, and that he had caught gummy sharks and mulloway from it. I fished it with moderate success, but mostly just salmon, with one snapper This was during the 'consultation' phase for the National Park, something my friend said was not going to be a genuine, and that it would be pushed through regardless.

Two weeks before the NP declaration came into force, I was fishing the beach with a mate, and a chap wandered up to us and said that the best fishing is up on the rocks. He said that while you might catch a couple of fish from the beach, expect about 10 from the headland. So we fished from the point, this narrow section of rock that was well above the highest waves but which felt like it could tumble into the ocean at any time. From memory you could have up to about 5 people fishing it at any one time IF they worked together a bit and cast their lines out with respect to their position on the rock. However if the guys at the end chose to cast more to the side rather than straight out there wouldn't be room for more than a couple of others and the guys fishing away from the very tip would have nowhere to cast except onto submerged rocks and get snagged. Putting our fears aside, it quickly became apparent that this was arguably the best land based fishing spot in Victoria. We caught a range of species, including snapper, couta, and the abundant salmon were approaching double figures! I couldn't believe we'd had a place at Anglesea for 18 years and I didn't find out about this secret rock ledge until 2 BLOODY WEEKS before fishing were to be banned there! In those two weeks I went back as much as possible, and fished late into the dark on that October evening, 2003, before it became a National Park the following day.

I was the last person to fish Addis (legally).

I am still disgusted that fishing was banned there and are all for re-opening it. The push by the greens has made it a criminal offence to catch a fish from my local beach to feed my family, which is total bull.

And now they've started a push for a Great Forest National Park to turn 377,000 ha of state forest into National Park which would effectively ban deer hunting in the area. To say I'm not impressed by Green ideologies would be an understatement!

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:17 am

Thanks Queasy, I was starting to think that people thought it was a certianty when fishing it, you are spot on, only a small section of the rock produced best results and I can guarantee everybody that it was not full of rubbish but kept very clean, if ignorant people keep agreeing that marine parks are good then it wont be long before more and more are put up and soon we wont have anywhere to fish, there is already a proposal to stop all fishing in PPB :oops:

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:56 am

Fishsniper wrote:Thanks Queasy, I was starting to think that people thought it was a certianty when fishing it, you are spot on, only a small section of the rock produced best results and I can guarantee everybody that it was not full of rubbish but kept very clean, if ignorant people keep agreeing that marine parks are good then it wont be long before more and more are put up and soon we wont have anywhere to fish, there is already a proposal to stop all fishing in PPB :oops:
x2 :thumbsup: I can confirm this as I was there as well back in the day.
Make no mistake there are evil forces out there working behind the scenes to stop or inhibit our fishing.
A web search will show which organizations are a threat, read the mission statements and agendas.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Can anyone give me a real link to the reasoning behind the banning of fishing here and/or the science behind why it's wrong?

I'm not picking a fight, I am genuinely interested to read both sides of the argument from an official source.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:15 pm

DougieK wrote:Can anyone give me a real link to the reasoning behind the banning of fishing here and/or the science behind why it's wrong?

I'm not picking a fight, I am genuinely interested to read both sides of the argument from an official source.
http://vnpa.org.au/search-results <= this mob has hidden a genders IMO

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-e ... s/fishing/ <= this lot are Loony toons but dangerous

http://www.volconvo.com/forums/history- ... ailed.html <= this is how it starts !

This is a quick search I have to go out but by all means search out more web sites there are quite a few in oz and over seas.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:21 pm

I believe he was after information regarding pt addis, specifically, not the behind the scenes agenda of select green groups.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:40 pm

It was an initiative of the Victorian Government at the time to appease the green lobby groups that 5.5% of the Victorian coastline would be set aside as Marine parks. The real reason behind the introduction of Marine parks was to save money on not Employing more Fisheries officers, The initial push was to have more Fisheries officers but the Government in it's infinate wisdom thought it would just cheaper to have Marine parks and the reason they chose Pt. Addis was because once in a lifetime some stupid type of Dolphins actually swam past it, now, you can do your head in trying to find out more info but I can tell you that this was the only reason, I remember it all too well

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Yeah, specifically this case. When i get back to my own PC i'll see what I can find in the deakin database as well.

I know PETA are full of ****, they are the Westboro Baptist Church of the environmental world. The other two mobs i'll have a read about. the Volco forum is full of emotive garbage and people who graduated from the University of because I said so. The VNPA have done some good things but i've never really paid that much attention to them. I'll do some reading this week.

Again, does anyone have links to the science or a press release or anything. What i'm specifically looking for is the reasoning behind the closure (the official reasoning, not the 'a guy at the tackleshop said'. I want to take this statement, break it down then use the science (if the science does in fact exist) behind why it's wrong.

IF....and in my opinion it's still and IF the science adds up, I'll put together information, dispell the arguments and submit it to the Andrews government.

This is exactly how we got fighting MMA in a cage unbanned. This government, for all their shortcomings (and there are many) has listened to reason and delivering on common sense ideas that are backed up with scientific evidence.

If you feel strongly about this, which clearly a lot of you do, stop bitching about i, put in some research and help me out. I will not submit information that isnt' from a scientific document, peer reviewed, or published by a reputable source. Telling me 'beacuse I said so" isn't going to get anyone anwyhere.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:47 pm

wescott-protectingmarineparks-2004.pdf
Proposal have already been put into Government sources over the years and it has fallen on deaf ears, the part you are not getting is the whole thing was politically motivated, so if you think you are going to get any scientific evidence supporting it then you are just wasting your time, take the advice from the local tackle store because they actually know what there talking about and I for one was at the rallies and remember it all too well, so thanks for your offer but I'm afraid there is too much red tape invilved, good luck if you do go ahead because I will be right behind you :a_goodjob:
Last edited by Fishsniper on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Surf Fishing”