What is this fish

Caught a fish and you don't know what it is? Ask here...
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: What is this fish

Post by rb85 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:13 pm

eddyt wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:26 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 pm
On the Banded Seaperch, and what looks like some more reef type fish in the bucket. Is PPB different to WP for fishing, does one have more reef than the other.

Here in SA, Spencer Gulf is more reefy than St Vincent's Gulf but that being said, the closer you get to the open ocean in both Gulfs the more reefier it gets.

Is it similar there?

Cheers Bugs
WP doesn't have as much reef, it's like a giant mud pool with murky water and the tides are a lot stronger. But yeah, the closer to the ocean the more reef there is. There's a few random reefs inside PPB though away from the mouth which is where I found this guy.

Didn't know you guys would work it out so fast. It's the first time I've ever seen one before, thought it was a rare fish.
Lol 😂
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: What is this fish

Post by Kimtown » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:18 am

eddyt wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:26 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 pm
On the Banded Seaperch, and what looks like some more reef type fish in the bucket. Is PPB different to WP for fishing, does one have more reef than the other.

Here in SA, Spencer Gulf is more reefy than St Vincent's Gulf but that being said, the closer you get to the open ocean in both Gulfs the more reefier it gets.

Is it similar there?

Cheers Bugs
WP doesn't have as much reef, it's like a giant mud pool with murky water and the tides are a lot stronger. But yeah, the closer to the ocean the more reef there is. There's a few random reefs inside PPB though away from the mouth which is where I found this guy.

Didn't know you guys would work it out so fast. It's the first time I've ever seen one before, thought it was a rare fish.
PPB might have "more" reef simply due to the absurd size of it, but I firmly believe WP would have a higher ratio of reef to total bay size

Return to “Fish ID”