This arvo

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

This arvo

Post by rb85 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Short report.
Decided to give the boat a run this afternoon and have a crack at some squid in WesternPort.

Tide was second half of the incoming and the water was nice and clear. When I commenced fishing it Cloudy so I ran Gold Jigs it didn’t take long to pick up a few good size Calamari.

With a few on the board it was forming up to be a quick session I’m on again I cast a jig behind the squid I’m retrieving hoping to get his mate. As I retrieved the squid my other rod hooks up, land the first dispatch it and retrieve the next as the squids near the boat I’m reaching out to grab it an allmighty splash occurs as Sammy the Seal scares the crap out of me steals my squid and hangs around the boat.

So I move not long and I’m on again so is Sammy he steals my squid. Move again tide slows and Sun comes out change to lighter coloured jigs 14T and similar ang quickly get my bag.

I always drift a few jigs and cast and work a jig my catches are 50/50 between both methods.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: This arvo

Post by Kenle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Nice bag of squid mate, always a nuisance when Sammy the seal rocks up uninvited. Atleaste you still Got out and got your bag. Welldone :thumbsup:

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:53 pm

Ahhh Sammy the legendary thief.
Good colour choices and got you squids. Well done.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Wow, a nice quick session, , , , pluck a few squid, then pluck a few more, a nice afternoon session getting a few squid , , , , um, I'm talking about Sammy the Seal.

You did pretty well too rb. I love those quick sessions, get out, get'em in and back home with a feed.

Here in South Australia there is a great Snapper Reef/ wreck called "The Illusions", in Spencer Gulf. Unfortunately, it is large Boat territory. That being said, there is a Great White Shark that frequents the Wreck and takes Snapper from Fishos as they are reeling them in. The call this Great White , , , , "The Taxman" , , , , for obvious reasons.

Cheers, Bugatti

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:14 pm

Nice work mate!
Gotta love when Sammy the seal comes :rofl:
Have had him visit me too many times. He’s very smart as well. Taken many fish off me!
At least you ended up getting your bag :thumbsup:

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”