Missed out, on my last WP outing.

aussie_fisho

Missed out, on my last WP outing.

Post by aussie_fisho » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:53 pm

On my recent trip to Westernport we fished the outgoing tide in the western entrance, for some sharks. We were anchored in 22-24m of water and first drop we had some action. We had something touching the bait, moving off and coming back again for about a third time when the rod finally loaded up, first it had some nice head shakes and had a big run heading up current then it stopped, I got one wind back and off on another run, as it came to another stop the line went slack. From what I think it was a big gummy, first because the bait came up in one piece, and I cant think of anything else I could of been, any idea?
Would hate to think i dropped a big gummy. Bangg
The day only got worst for us with us dropping 3 sevengill boat side and coming home with nothing, but one stinking wrasse.
Also back at the ramp, there were a few gummies taken by others fishing along shoreham and flinders if anyone's interested in giving them ago. Cheers aussie
Here fishy fishy.......

slinga

Re: Missed out, on my last WP outing.

Post by slinga » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 pm

A Gummy doesn't stuff around with a bait like you described it did. Once they smell it, find it, and have a chew, it's generally only a few seconds before the rod buckles. Other than that, pretty hard to tell you what it was. Very rare to pull a hook on Gummy's too.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

eltonwisk

Post by eltonwisk » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:36 am

I really miss having a fishing day again in my life.

J.E. Flores Bakery Service

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am

Sounds like one of those days mate.
Hopefully some better luck next time you are out!
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”