Members Fishing Records/Registry

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
Andoki

Re: Members Fishing Records/Registry

Post by Andoki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:27 pm

[quote="Fish-cador"]Are you fishing for some information where to get something good and how? :bite: Just asking.

good idea but...who do you think will do the administrative job of reviewing, approving and storing the data when this site is a non-profit? Will you shoulder 95% of the cost?

Some good ideas worth more than 95% of the cost mate :thumbsup:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Andoki wrote:
Actually the idea is to keep some records (or as you said database) for some unique catches that doesn’t happen everyday, so people can try to beat these records
To start with, try beating my massive flathead on lure (caught from Queenscliff pier). When you have done that, go after Wolly's stonker calamari record catch.

Catches that does not happen everyday? You have another one to beat. 5 legged fish on hard body lure. Caught this one from Lagoon Pier while chasing salmon. I can't get past these 5 legged pests. They attacked my lure as if there was no tomorrow. :tongue:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Andoki wrote: Some good ideas worth more than 95% of the cost mate :thumbsup:
I wonder why it seems everything is so easy to do when someone else will do it? Do you have any IDEA what it will take to fullfil your IDEA?

I have an idea too, a good one but I want you to do it for me. How does it sound at this point? :tongue:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 pm

With this level of humor I guess you caught the biggest slab of beer instead :cheers: :down:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Andoki wrote:
Actually the idea is to keep some records (or as you said database) for some unique catches that doesn’t happen everyday, so people can try to beat these records
To start with, try beating my massive flathead on lure (caught from Queenscliff pier). When you have done that, go after Wolly's stonker calamari record catch.

Catches that does not happen everyday? You have another one to beat. 5 legged fish on hard body lure. Caught this one from Lagoon Pier while chasing salmon. I can't get past these 5 legged pests. They attacked my lure as if there was no tomorrow. :tongue:
There must be a secret nuclear waste dump near where you are fishing :grin: :pfft: :woohoo:

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
I wonder why it seems everything is so easy to do when someone else will do it? Do you have any IDEA what it will take to fullfil your IDEA?

I have an idea too, a good one but I want you to do it for me. How does it sound at this point? :tongue:
shoot let me see how good you can get? :clap:

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Andoki wrote:With this level of humor I guess you caught the biggest slab of beer instead :cheers: :down:
cheers mate :cheers: Dont drink, dont smoke, dont gamble, I fish... and I dont like the weather forecast over the weekend.

Yeah Wolly, the Yarra river drains in PPB. Must be very toxic around the city piers. :grin:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Andoki wrote: having a section for the fishing records of the members.
I understand now! I thought you were talking about general capture data which we could all look at and see if we could learn anything.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Andoki wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

shoot let me see how good you can get? :clap:
My idea is to get rid of the northern pacific star from our waters. These pests swarm over our bait. If someone will build many big metal cages made of fine mesh, bait them up and drop them all over the place, pick up every 6 hours or so to empty the cages and toss back by-catches, there will be massive reduction if not total eliminattion of the northern pacific starfish. The catch - I want you to do it for everyone and I have no money to shoulder any portion of the cost. It's all up to you. Are you up to the challenge? :grin:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Cool, consider it done ;)

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”