i think i did the right thing.... dont you?

squiddy

i think i did the right thing.... dont you?

Post by squiddy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 am

mornington pier this morning... sorry for the language but im PISSED OFF!!!
fkn dickheads on the pier today... i get there at 4:30am and these 2 fellas decide to rock up at like 7... tryin to cast over my lines n tangling on me every 5 mins.. and btw... i had my rods under a metre apart from eachother... not far.. me and my gf had 4 rods between us...... im standing there shoulder to shoulder with this guy wheile im tryin to just relax and watch my rods... casting was a nightmare cos he wouldnt move! so i cracked it n said mate... i got here early to get this spot.. **** off.. i said it as nice as possible.. then he casts over not 1 but 2 of my rods n tangles them sooooooo bad!!! it was a MESS!!! i had to cut both my lines!! but whats the dumb **** do?? cuts my line thats still in the water n i lose my big arse sinker n like 60metres of line!! so i lost my ****... i packed my stuff up n said fine... u win the spot u can have it... u want it that bad its urs... when i walked off i grabbed his rod n threw it in the water... have a nice day ****! try fishin now u piece of ****! hahahahahahhahhaha n then he cracks it at me n a few ppl on the pier yell out to me.. good on ya! he deserved that!

Fish-Hunter

Re: i think i did the right thing.... dont you?

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:53 am

I hear you mate :angry: , these type of danglers havent a clue & its pisses me off also & just as much as you when they rock up & cast straight over your lines :bat: they need their head's :Boxing: .

squiddy

Post by squiddy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:58 am

true mate! this bloke i tell ya.. he jumped right in the middle of my 2 rods n cast out 10-15metres to his right... i had cast a good 50-80m... dead straight! with my snapper rod... so there was a tiny bit of slack in my line from the wind.. n he is casting way over me.. and my other rod! what a joke.. then he is reaching in his pocket like he had a knife ready to go me... i almost did k.o him! i really did feel like it cos i wasnt ready to go home.. i wanted to stay at least another 2 hrs.. had a good spot n he fkd my day!

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm trying to get my daughter into fishing and after one silimar experience on a pier I decide to stick to fishing quiet lakes and rivers and stay away from the crowds. We want to fish and relax, not fight with the try hards.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:16 pm

ChrisD wrote:I'm trying to get my daughter into fishing and after one silimar experience on a pier I decide to stick to fishing quiet lakes and rivers and stay away from the crowds. We want to fish and relax, not fight with the try hards.
Find a nice spot down the rocks here and the kids can go nuts catching gars and yakkas with a float, or if they bottom fish, they should pick up pinkies and kgw. Also if capable of casting put a jig on and let them try for squid.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:56 pm

no, you did the wrong thing. YOU PICKED UP THE ROD! YOU SHOULD HAVE THROWN HIM INTO THE DRINK! Good one mate. I bet that guy will have second thoughts next time.

I had a similar experience in Rye pier. The calamari was on and one old guy wont allow us to cast on the same direction he was casting. I blew my top and told him to F**off because he does not own the pier. :Blah: :Boxing: It turned out that everyone was pissed with this old guy but being an old fart that he is, no one wants to tangle with him. Too bad he pissed off the wrong Asian so he got what he deserved. Everyone was giving me a thumbs up after that. Funny this old fart is now my fishing buddy on that pier. LOL. Well he changed according to the other fishos. He now shares spot and would not mind occational tangles.

Just recently, I was in St Kilda Pier enjoying my occassional undersize pinkies then another old fart came close to me and started casting diagonally. Well, I blew my top in a blink of an eye and told him to observe my lines. I use braid lines and we all know what happens when a nest forms out of braid lines - $$$$ down the drain. I told him that the moment he snags my line, I will cut his line off and everything in him that I can cut. LOL. :grin: He started casting straight after that. These old farts think the younger generations will tolerate their wrong doings. Who taught them manners when they were still young? :angry:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

squiddy

Post by squiddy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:25 pm

lol mate i was so close to grabbin him and throwin him over but i thought it would **** him off more if he loses a rod hahaha i definitely know exactly what u mean about the braid! very annoying n it doesnt help when u have dickheads like this on the pier... u would think being lots older than me that he would know better.. and general etiquette of fishing.. :protest: good on u for saying something! cos they do think they can just get away with it cos they r older..
i think the divers r in for a treat :woohoo:

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:09 pm

squiddy wrote:l
LOL! pier location (how far down) please hahaha :P

Nah good on ya mate for doing what you did.. i wouldve grabbed everything he had and thrown it in LOL not just one rod hahaha

YO! SIDRX Free rod at mornington pier hahaha!
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Beno

Post by Beno » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:53 pm

100 % agree with you squiddy, you did the right thing mate. There are just so many dickheads on piers!
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sidrx

Post by sidrx » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:26 pm

vinhii wrote:
squiddy wrote:l
LOL! pier location (how far down) please hahaha :P

Nah good on ya mate for doing what you did.. i wouldve grabbed everything he had and thrown it in LOL not just one rod hahaha

YO! SIDRX Free rod at mornington pier hahaha!
I'll check it out tomorrow! hahahaah Woohoo!! :toothy9:

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”