Werribee rock wall

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Werribee rock wall

Post by saph » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:13 pm

time to find someone that owns or buy a boat (tons on crudbook marketplace cheap) since they cant legaly own the sea water according to the water act 1989 nor could they stop you filling from a tap if its public road.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:52 pm

This morning.
Waiting for the gate to be on and that's it.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1603248609225.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Went for a squizz today
Only the main rock wall is closed (where they access their boats in the marina)
The other 3 appear to be open. Nobody seems to use the 2 "east" walls. They are only half the length of the others. The popular west wall is still open, but, the carpark is closed for modernisation (was dirt).
The "no entry" sign on the main rock wall is in English & an "Asian" language, obviously targeting a specific ethnic group (possibly Point Cookians) :te:
Don't know about the rock wall, but, there must be a lot of weed on the beach as, the aroma was quite noticeable (ok it stunk).
At the boat ramp, I was surprised at the amount of boats out. The bay looked shitty to me, with white caps everywhere.
Dropped in at the Werribee South store, for a beer and a chat.
He said business had improved since Sunday, but, of course, he needed more. Sells bait (although I didn't check it out), beer and heaps of other stuff.
Cheers Gra

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:45 pm

I also went to have a look this afternoon,only because the webcam has not been working for the last few days. I did report the fault,and they are working on it. I saw a few ppl fishing beyond the do not enter sign. When they decide to put up a sign ;trespassers prosecuted i will take it seriously. I think their must have been a few accidents walking on the rocks. I also have caught good Snapper from there.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:43 am

The webcam has been working for me, but only on my phone.

Also for those that do fish this area, i caught an almost PB flathead just about within casting distance in that little cove off to the eastern side of the car park. It was very shallow, less than 2m. I was right at the end of my drift and about to reel them in to get away from the rocks when i hooked up. This was a few years ago when the were still building the new harbour.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”