i think i did the right thing.... dont you?

Lost Pom

Re: i think i did the right thing.... dont you?

Post by Lost Pom » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Absolutely you did the right thing! Cant stand muppets that do this. I dont understand what they are trying to gain - surely it cant be an enjoyable fishing experience.

Good efforts though - really with I coulve been there to see it!

borntofish

Post by borntofish » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:58 pm

The useless tossa!! good onya, morons like that cause me to own a boat!!!!!! no respect whatsoever!!! don't worry it happens on the water too!! while out off frankston chasing squid, some useless tosser in his 100k boat pulls up on top of my squid lines out the back of boat!! like 10metres!! behind me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Beno wrote:There are just so many dickheads on piers!
Tell me bout it...

Few weeks ago I was coming into the ramp....very very low tide, so had to stick close to the pier side or run aground.... got abuse from a guy and his missus yelling "U think you own the water cause you got a boat"..... ppffttt, I aint gonna run aground just so you can cast in the middle off the river.... that is a high boating traffic river.... only one way in and out off this ramp....

I just smiled and waved.... only cause i had a boat full off women....(took them on a cruise) as a favour... if i was solo i would off kept going up and down just out off spite.....

Sqiddy,
you did nothing wrong and he got what he deserved... hope it was a good rod/setup....
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:33 pm

what kind of rod and reel did you toss? Is it worth diving for like Saltiga, stella, t-curve, G Loomis, etc? If that guy was a smelly old tart, his combo must be older than him and heavily corroded. :-)
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

sidrx

Post by sidrx » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Details man!!! I'm actually heading that direction tomorrow lol

squiddy

Post by squiddy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:05 am

hey guys sorry for the late reply.. it looked like just a shitty kmart brand redbone reel.. mate if it was a stella it wouldnt of gone in the drink.. that would of been goin into my boot LOL!!!! not sure about the rod.. it hapened right before the chair on the left at the end of the pier... just before the end... u should b able to see it low tide if no divers have grabbed it already.. n yea he was a stinky old fart lol! ppl like these should b tormented! they r plain ignorant... and would hope that they know common courtesy but they refuse to show it.. and they know they r doin it! no offence to anyone thats greek.. but it always seem to b the older greek guys... im italian byself so im not being racist or anything, but i have just noticed this.. thats all.. i mean seriously... im 24.. this guy was like 60.. and i thought to myself, shouldnt he know better? i have more respect then him.. and he's robably been fishin for double my life age! shouldnt he b the one settin some kind of example for others?
i just made up for the wasted morning thanks to portsea tonight.. i just got home... just got 4 squid, lost 2.. 4 garfish DECENT SIZE!! 3 banjo sharks.. (one of which was over 1 metre..... 2 HUGE rays, and my parents and my uncle got 12 squid n a cuttlefish as well between them.. ended up being an awesome fun night!!

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:38 am

glad ya had fun buddy,...

yeah not worth me driving there to get a crappy rod :P
Sidrx if you do manage to grab it i want pics!! LOL!!
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

troutman

Post by troutman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:32 am

yep happens everywhere , idiots thinking ïts all about them '!!!!

they disrepect other fisho's , trash the environment, exceed size/ bag limits they all go hand in hand .
i reckon when u spot him next time, (hope not) , but if u do , wait till he exceeds his bag limit , wait till he leaves his trash , and then dob him in to fisheries 13FISH .

but yep , the good fishos all have to stand up and be counted !!!!! well done !!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:25 am

this is what you need to do next time. Bring a couple of telescopic ladder and some thick plywood that you can easily assemble as a portable bridge/walkway. As soon as you see him coming, put the walk way/bridge between the pier gaps. wait for that old fart to cross and fish on the farthest end. Take out the bridge afterwards. :grin:

ah...those crappy rod and reel. They are better used as part of artificial reefs. Keep tossing them into the drink :lol: Include those old farts too. :grin:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Tal-Ponc

Post by Tal-Ponc » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Squiddy before I had finished reading all of your post, I was already thinking damn I would have thrown his rod in the water and bang thats what you did :clap: ... At least he will think twice before he trys something like that agian.
I wish I was there to see the look on his face when the rod hit the water, That would have been hilarious :whoh:.... :lol:
Good things come to those who Bait...

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”