live baiting

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
complete-anglerz-12

live baiting

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:54 pm

just looking for some tips in live baiting for a jew fish have got one before as a bi catch on a blue bait but heard their is a lot of little mullet about n what's the best rig and hook style for them I got a fair idea where to place the hook that's about it any help would be great
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

aussie_fisho

Re: live baiting

Post by aussie_fisho » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:29 pm

A balloon with just a swivel, leader and hook in the surf and a bobby float rig with leader off the mainline about 2m long with a float and sinker then on to a swivel and then back on to a leader about 2m again straight to a single inline circle hook. You can use two suicide hooks around 5/0 -6/0 snelled or i use one single black magic livebait hook.
Here fishy fishy.......

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm

do you cast the livie out? wouldn't that damage the bait? i assume in the surf, you'd just dump it in a rip and let the ballon take it out right?

cotte

Post by cotte » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:40 pm

How about using them live bait slider things? Not that I've used them before...how much of an angle do you need to get it to slide all the way out?

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:02 pm

After doing a bit of fishing on the weekend I'm very keen to get a few livies out the back of the boat whilst fishing away. If I can find a good way to source livies in northern ppb I'll have a few cracks at it.

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Basti wrote:do you cast the livie out? wouldn't that damage the bait? i assume in the surf, you'd just dump it in a rip and let the ballon take it out right?
Depends on the livie, I find that big mullet are hardy fish and I can toss them out, but usually I just drop them if I'm in the boat. In the surf its hard with the balloon, depending on conditions i let it swim out of its calm and change rig to a running sinker if its rough.
Here fishy fishy.......

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 pm

complete-anglerz-12 wrote:just looking for some tips in live baiting for a jew fish have got one before as a bi catch on a blue bait but heard their is a lot of little mullet about n what's the best rig and hook style for them I got a fair idea where to place the hook that's about it any help would be great
Mate, you can't go past the live bait sliders. Cam liked them so much we have started to stock them. We have customers in WA and NSW that swear by them. One of them is a writer for one of the fishing mags too.

There are both weighted and non-weighted "non-return sliders", and also standard live bait sliders. This way you don't need to cast out your livies anymore.

Here are some pics and a link. Don't forget you get 20% off them too with Specialty Fishing.

http://www.specialtyfishing.com.au/prod ... it-sabiki/

More instruction images available on the website. :-D

Cheers
Amanda :-D
Attachments
Diagram 1.jpg
Live Bait Slider.jpg
Live Bait Slider.jpg (7.37 KiB) Viewed 998 times
Live Bait Non Return Clips.jpg
Live Bait Non Return Clips.jpg (11.63 KiB) Viewed 998 times

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm

thanks for advice so far but I will be landbase at docklands in search of a Melbourne jewie
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Return to “Bait”