How to catch beach worms how to video

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: How to catch beach worms how to video

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Island-boy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 pm
Lived up at Fraser island for a few years, took me about 20 attempts to get my first worm (some can never get the technique), but once you get your first few you get the feel for it and it's pretty easy but also satisfying and a killer bait.

Biggest thing is not to try to squeeze to hard and fast, it's weird you dont have to squeeze them very hard they come out easy if they have already relaxed or moving up, but if they try to pull back even if you have a firm grip they will just break or slip out of your fingers.
Jeez it would be good living at Fraser. What did you do for work though, if you don't mind me asking?

A bloke fishing next to me up there was getting beach worms. He gave me a heap and I was catching whiting after whiting with them.

Island-boy
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Island-boy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:28 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:46 pm
Island-boy wrote:
Lived up at Fraser island for a few years, took me about 20 attempts to get my first worm (some can never get the technique), but once you get your first few you get the feel for it and it's pretty easy but also satisfying and a killer bait.

Biggest thing is not to try to squeeze to hard and fast, it's weird you dont have to squeeze them very hard they come out easy if they have already relaxed or moving up, but if they try to pull back even if you have a firm grip they will just break or slip out of your fingers.
Jeez it would be good living at Fraser. What did you do for work though, if you don't mind me asking?

A bloke fishing next to me up there was getting beach worms. He gave me a heap and I was catching whiting after whiting with them.
Me and the missus had a job at Fraser Island Beach Houses at Eurong second valley, i was just groundsman/maintenance with odd day in reception.

Yeah was good for a few years, did heaps of fishing from beach for Sand whiting, Dart, Tailor even the odd Jew fish, then the other side of the island in estuaries and creeks plenty of mud crabs, prawns and all kinds of estuary species.

But fav spot to fish was some reefs just a few hundred metres offshore from beach that you can only fish when no swell so can launch a boat, they never get fished as flat days are rare so most people launch from further north or south where safer to launch so they fish the reefs closer to those areas, so basically pristine little areas of reef, some days was just drop a line and hook up, only problem was sharks biting you off, often whales would pass by too and come quite close (50 to 100 metres away)

Beautiful part of the world

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:36 am

Top vids
Luv it

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:07 am

Island-boy wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:28 am
Kimtown wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:46 pm
Island-boy wrote:

Me and the missus had a job at Fraser Island Beach Houses at Eurong second valley, i was just groundsman/maintenance with odd day in reception.

Yeah was good for a few years, did heaps of fishing from beach for Sand whiting, Dart, Tailor even the odd Jew fish, then the other side of the island in estuaries and creeks plenty of mud crabs, prawns and all kinds of estuary species.

But fav spot to fish was some reefs just a few hundred metres offshore from beach that you can only fish when no swell so can launch a boat, they never get fished as flat days are rare so most people launch from further north or south where safer to launch so they fish the reefs closer to those areas, so basically pristine little areas of reef, some days was just drop a line and hook up, only problem was sharks biting you off, often whales would pass by too and come quite close (50 to 100 metres away)

Beautiful part of the world
Cannot put the amount of jealousy I am in into words.

Return to “Bait”