Targeting gars PPB

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Re: Targeting gars PPB

Post by GregExplores » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:02 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 pm
Croe, with the burley I keep it very simple mate.
I just buy a packet of homebrand bread crumbs and simply just mix it with water and that’s it. I use a small scooper to throw it out every now and again. Does the job for me everytime :)
Cheers :thumbsup:
Do you just use the bread crumbs by themselves and didn't add in tuna oil?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:02 pm
Lightningx wrote:
I just buy a packet of homebrand bread crumbs and simply just mix it with water and that’s it. I use a small scooper to throw it out every now and again. Does the job for me everytime :)
Hi Greg,
Yea a few of my mates like to add in a bit of tuna oil and I have done that too in the past but have had just as much luck without it with just the crumbs and the water :)

GregExplores

Post by GregExplores » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Hi Greg,
Yea a few of my mates like to add in a bit of tuna oil and I have done that too in the past but have had just as much luck without it with just the crumbs and the water :)
Awesome, I will probably just start using that from now on! I usually use tuna oil and bread but then taking public transport back I smell like tuna oil and the whole train can smell it.....

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 pm

We have been using weet bix finely crushed in the hands and have a common household sponge the coloured ones tied to boat or off the pier soaked in tuna oil and it just sots on top of the water
Been using this method for more than 30 years snd works fine,we also just use frozen packet prawns or cheese or squid or small piece of pillie they all work

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:25 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm
Lightningx wrote:
GregExplores wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Hi Greg,
Awesome, I will probably just start using that from now on! I usually use tuna oil and bread but then taking public transport back I smell like tuna oil and the whole train can smell it.....
Haha yea you won’t have that trouble if you don’t use it mate. Give it a go first with out the oil and see how you go!
Good luck mate :)

GregExplores

Post by GregExplores » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:25 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm
Lightningx wrote:
GregExplores wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Hi Greg,
Haha yea you won’t have that trouble if you don’t use it mate. Give it a go first with out the oil and see how you go!
Good luck mate :)
Thanks, i will try and write back when i get to have a go for garfish!! Would worms work as a bait for gar?
fishnut wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 pm
We have been using weet bix finely crushed in the hands and have a common household sponge the coloured ones tied to boat or off the pier soaked in tuna oil and it just sots on top of the water
Been using this method for more than 30 years snd works fine,we also just use frozen packet prawns or cheese or squid or small piece of pillie they all work
Thanks for the info! Would worms be a ok bait for gar?

Return to “Bait”