Mario's bait

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
Fishing1

Re: Mario's bait

Post by Fishing1 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:I'm sure they not happy, although 50years is a good run, that's a hell of alot of netting they have done, and dont worry you will Always be able to get good bait, when I was young it was all about WA pilchards and I know a lot of people still swear by it, me personally I only like useing squid and salmon for bait and I catch it my self because I dont like paying for bait, as a alround fisho you should collect everything your self and not to mention Bait collecting is good fun.

And What about all those people who have lost there jobs due to dedunancy and company's moving over seas, i dont see any one feeling for them and making a big thing out of it and those people are not taking anything from any one they just working and getting the ass for no reason, i don't see how commercial guys are any different.
Commercial fishing is not a bad thing but I do think it's wrong to do it in the bay, and netting is a very bad way of doing it, the amount of undersize by catch that odie is ridiculous, off shore is way it should be and where it should stay, that's just my opinion.
x2. Nothing beat ur own fresh bait.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Collecting your own bait is definitely good fun :thumbsup:

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Yep agree also agree that the bays should be off limits for CF.

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:I'm sure they not happy, although 50years is a good run, that's a hell of alot of netting they have done, and dont worry you will Always be able to get good bait, when I was young it was all about WA pilchards and I know a lot of people still swear by it, me personally I only like useing squid and salmon for bait and I catch it my self because I dont like paying for bait, as a alround fisho you should collect everything your self and not to mention Bait collecting is good fun.

And What about all those people who have lost there jobs due to dedunancy and company's moving over seas, i dont see any one feeling for them and making a big thing out of it and those people are not taking anything from any one they just working and getting the ass for no reason, i don't see how commercial guys are any different.
Commercial fishing is not a bad thing but I do think it's wrong to do it in the bay, and netting is a very bad way of doing it, the amount of undersize by catch that die is ridiculous, off shore is way it should be and where it should stay, that's just my opinion.
It is sad used to love popping in there when I was younger with dad, but your 100% correct too many people being laid off without a cent given in redundancy's. After 50 years of operation I think they would have done ok money wise plus on top of that the Government payout as well.

lauxyboy

Post by lauxyboy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Gday lads, yet again we seen the rise of vote buying decision making hurting geelong and the local community,
Im a labor man, always will be, but yet again we see the government/media using a local issue to push for votes, i fish the bay nearly every week if not every other week, my grandfather has fished the bay for 50 years and seen the scollop fishers come and go, dredging, port upgrades, commercial fishing, all of with were meant to be the bane of recreational fishermen in the bay and a huge detriment to fish stocks, most have gone with no major rise in the fosh stocks of the bay, probably due to the fact the the dirty great hole called the rip in which they can swim out of is still there, australia is fast becoming the land of the politically correct idiot and when we can no longer find jobs for ourselves or buy anything locally made/caught/produced and our children have no jobs, well only have ourselves to blame, for geelongs sake and all those that work at marios plus the other 15,000 jobs lost in geelong and the surround in the last few year including ford/alcoa/target/australia post/boral cement works, that we wisen up and realise with every rash decision that benifits a partys vote, normal australians are getting hurt

Fisho87

Post by Fisho87 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:57 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:I'm sure they not happy, although 50years is a good run, that's a hell of alot of netting they have done, and dont worry you will Always be able to get good bait, when I was young it was all about WA pilchards and I know a lot of people still swear by it, me personally I only like useing squid and salmon for bait and I catch it my self because I dont like paying for bait, as a all round fisho you should collect everything your self and not to mention Bait collecting is good fun.

And What about all those people who have lost there jobs due to redundancy and company's moving over seas, i dont see any one feeling for them and making a big thing out of it and those people are not taking anything from any one they just working and getting the ass for no reason, i don't see how commercial guys are any different.
Commercial fishing is not a bad thing but I do think it's wrong to do it in the bay, and netting is a very bad way of doing it, the amount of undersize by catch that die is ridiculous, off shore is where it should be and where it should stay, that's just my opinion.
couldn't have said it better myself mate

fishpod

Post by fishpod » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:19 am

lauxyboy wrote:Gday lads, yet again we seen the rise of vote buying decision making hurting geelong and the local community,
Im a labor man, always will be, but yet again we see the government/media using a local issue to push for votes, i fish the bay nearly every week if not every other week, my grandfather has fished the bay for 50 years and seen the scollop fishers come and go, dredging, port upgrades, commercial fishing, all of with were meant to be the bane of recreational fishermen in the bay and a huge detriment to fish stocks, most have gone with no major rise in the fosh stocks of the bay, probably due to the fact the the dirty great hole called the rip in which they can swim out of is still there, australia is fast becoming the land of the politically correct idiot and when we can no longer find jobs for ourselves or buy anything locally made/caught/produced and our children have no jobs, well only have ourselves to blame, for geelongs sake and all those that work at marios plus the other 15,000 jobs lost in geelong and the surround in the last few year including ford/alcoa/target/australia post/boral cement works, that we wisen up and realise with every rash decision that benifits a partys vote, normal australians are getting hurt
I like your passion but I have to disagree with you, prior to the scallop dredging you couldn't find a pinkie in the bay, I mean the plague proportions they have been in since they got rid of scallop raping, you couldn't catch a landbased snapper to save your life, KG whiting were hard to find, the bay was full of small flathead and that was it. I am not having a go at you but I have been fishing the bay for 45 years myself and have noticed a big improvement in the variety and stocks of fish. The only problem is that PPB in comparison is quite small and should never have been commercially fished and as far as locally caught bait goes most of the time your buying imported bait from interstate or overseas, Mario has had a great run for 50 years. Talk to the local fisherman around Clifton Springs and they will tell you all about Mario. The good Commercial Fishermen operate in Bass strait, the bay is just too small.

Return to “Bait”