Did a bit of cradle snatching Today

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Did a bit of cradle snatching Today

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Congrats on your first one mate. I hope to one day target and catch them too. :thumbsup:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 pm

smile0784 wrote:I bet next week wiĺ be burramudi and week after will be makos
Barra was a fail at hazelwood.
Not really into sharks tbh. But thats about the only other thing ill be able to catch in victorian waters now. Marlin and swords aside.

Had tuna, bass, kingfish and cod on the list(last year) Along with some surface lure fishing
Got all now but the cod...
I forgot whiting on poppers/surface. But that only possible down close to the border as the sand whiting dont really come this far into melbourne
Last edited by purple5ive on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:17 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:Congrats on your first one mate. I hope to one day target and catch them too. :thumbsup:
certainly fun. Highly recomended you give it a go.
Just watching them chase after the lure itself is crazy enough.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:16 am

purple5ive wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:Congrats on your first one mate. I hope to one day target and catch them too. :thumbsup:
certainly fun. Highly recomended you give it a go.
Just watching them chase after the lure itself is crazy enough.
I bet the strike would have been amazing

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:18 am

purple5ive wrote:
Not really into sharks tbh. But thats about the only other thing ill be able to catch in victorian waters now. Marlin and swords aside.

Had tuna, bass, kingfish and cod on the list(last year) Along with some surface lure fishing
I forgot whiting on poppers/surface. But that only possible down close to the border as the sand whiting dont really come this far into melbourne
You will have to start beating your PBs scores now

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:27 am

smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

yes. or just go and chase some more fish on ultra light gear and push some boundaries maybe 2-3lb leader for pinkies sorta stuff.
didnt get to see the strike, just felt the hit, just like a std salmon hitting the lure. but everything was different after that haha.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 pm

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

yes. or just go and chase some more fish on ultra light gear and push some boundaries maybe 2-3lb leader for pinkies sorta stuff.
didnt get to see the strike, just felt the hit, just like a std salmon hitting the lure. but everything was different after that haha.

Should put your rod in and we can stop at my spot on the way out and near the entrance andtry for pinkies, travelly, slimies
Be fun to watch lil

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:36 am

smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Should put your rod in and we can stop at my spot on the way out and near the entrance andtry for pinkies, travelly, slimies
Be fun to watch lil
dont think it will handle heavier sinkers hahaha
PPB though could be possible.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:27 am

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Be fun to watch lil
dont think it will handle heavier sinkers hahaha
PPB though could be possible.
If you get wp at stack tide you should be ok.
At that time i can fish as low as 1/2 oz

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”