Corio Bay kings

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Corio Bay kings

Post by hornet » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:15 pm
hornet wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:54 pm
Nude up wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:50 pm
Also the point Henry pier same deal troll xraps
The explosives pier I referred to may be the same pier as point henry you referred to Nudie ? I'm not familiar with the area..
No 2 different piers point Henry the Alcoa pier the ammunition pier is point Wilson opposite side of the bay
You don't hear much about the fishing around the point Henry pier area.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:24 pm

hornet wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:15 pm
Nude up wrote:
hornet wrote:
Nude up wrote:
The explosives pier I referred to may be the same pier as point henry you referred to Nudie ? I'm not familiar with the area..
No 2 different piers point Henry the Alcoa pier the ammunition pier is point Wilson opposite side of the bay
Geoff Wilson wrote an article about point Henry pier years ago . Alcoa has closed but the pier still technically has a no go zone around it I have noticed some service boats tying up to it lately

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:47 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:24 pm
hornet wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:15 pm
Nude up wrote:
hornet wrote:
Nude up wrote:
Geoff Wilson wrote an article about point Henry pier years ago . Alcoa has closed but the pier still technically has a no go zone around it I have noticed some service boats tying up to it lately
You can go right up to it and under it at the moment. There was a ship moored there but it was just a small oil tanker used to deliver refinery products from Viva around the east coast. It was moored during covid because there wasn't much demand for petrol.

Depending on what happens to the Alcoa site the pier might get turned over for recreational uses like fishing or a marina or something I guess.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”