Has anyone fished land based in Thailand??

passport1980

Has anyone fished land based in Thailand??

Post by passport1980 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Hey friends, this is way out in left field so my apologies- I didn't know where else to turn. I will be in Thailand for some time, mostly the south...Phuket, Krabi etc. I would like to do some land based fishing. Has anyone done this before?

I haven't posted on here much- due to my consistent inability to catch fish in Melbourne. I tried this in South India a few months back and did all this research so I brought my gear. I would wake up in the morning and buy fresh bait on the scooter, then drive for miles to all these spots. All I got was a few saltwater catfish. (Apparently you don't just put bait on a paternoster rig and have Barramundi/Couta gobble it straight away??? ha ha ) Well, thats what the guys on the India fishing forum were suggesting!!!!!!

Anyways, it is all about the hunt and I found that a fishing rod is a universal language. Everyone was so helpful and interested in why I was fishing in India. And I look forward to doing this in Thailand now. I made lots of friends and was out fished by people with hand lines, rock sinkers and bread.

Enough rambling.

John

Rod Bender

Re: Has anyone fished land based in Thailand??

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:40 pm

passport1980 wrote:Hey friends, this is way out in left field so my apologies- I didn't know where else to turn. I will be in Thailand for some time, mostly the south...Phuket, Krabi etc. I would like to do some land based fishing. Has anyone done this before?

I haven't posted on here much- due to my consistent inability to catch fish in Melbourne. I tried this in South India a few months back and did all this research so I brought my gear. I would wake up in the morning and buy fresh bait on the scooter, then drive for miles to all these spots. All I got was a few saltwater catfish. (Apparently you don't just put bait on a paternoster rig and have Barramundi/Couta gobble it straight away??? ha ha ) Well, thats what the guys on the India fishing forum were suggesting!!!!!!

Anyways, it is all about the hunt and I found that a fishing rod is a universal language. Everyone was so helpful and interested in why I was fishing in India. And I look forward to doing this in Thailand now. I made lots of friends and was out fished by people with hand lines, rock sinkers and bread.

Enough rambling.

John
Here's a start for you! :-D
viewtopic.php?f=208&t=9638&p=113481#p113481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

port8080

Post by port8080 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Just got back from Phuket / Phi Phi.... The GF and I jumped aboard a long tail with some local fishos for 4 hours (4000 baht for 2 people inc lunch / gear / bait). We caught a stack (40 + ) of mixed smaller fish, but nothing bigger than 1kg. I know it's not land based fishing, but thought it may be of interest.

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Hit up one of the catfish parks, they are bloody good fun!

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:03 pm

My brother just got back from thialand a week ago and caught a 30kg car fish and a carp around 50-60kg can't quiet remember.

But he said it was an awesome experience

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:31 pm

you can catch plenty of crabs but may not go a pot

Return to “The Rest of the World”